The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a dynamic and results-oriented Digital Infrastructure and Security Manager to work in the Knowledge Management – Information Technologies Unit.
The Digital Infrastructure and Security Manager is a hands-on tactical manager and technically knowledgeable professional who is responsible for planning, implementing, protecting, maintaining and monitoring the network, servers, telephony systems, Internet of Things (IoT) devices as well as Industrial Control Systems (ICS) devices, like CCTV and Access Controls, and the rest of hardware support to the digital institutional global operation of CIMMYT (hereinafter the Global Digital Infrastructure), to ensure an optimized use of it from both the functional and the security facets.
The positions will be based at CIMMYT headquarter in Texcoco, near Mexico City.
- Analyze, plan, manage, implement, maintain, schedule, and monitor the Global Digital Infrastructure, as well as security systems and procedures that support the global operation of CIMMYT, to keep normal operation at high standards, improve utilization or propose revision of infrastructure operations and configurations.
- Coordinate, manage and ensure access, connectivity, and availability of the Global Digital Infrastructure, observing industry-lead security standards.
- Perform complex tasks on critical upgrades to the Global Digital Infrastructure and security systems.
- Design, implement, maintain, and improve over time technological solutions to accomplish with the needs of users.
- Lead, guide, supervise and evaluate a team of specialist staff in charge of maintaining the operation of the Global Digital Infrastructure and security systems and procedures.
- Manage relationships with the Project Manager – Digital Innovation as well as the rest of its managerial team, to advise, evaluate, and approve the development of new solutions supported by the Institute, as well as the implementation of correction or remediation measures.
- Represent the Knowledge Management and Information Technologies Unit or CIMMYT, as required, on relevant committees, meetings, conferences or other internal or external events relating to the subject matter expertise of the position.
- Engage with suppliers and partners of IT services and solutions.
- Recommend specifications to be used in bids, tenders, contracts and agreements for the Global Digital Infrastructure and security systems.
- Participate in technological integration projects with the CGIAR, donors, and local or international partners.
- Provide innovative and cost-effective solutions, including creating comprehensive plans for achieving infrastructure project objectives, bearing in mind the financial responsibility of working for a top international non-for-profit organization, while providing state-of-the-art services and products.
- Support the Knowledge Management and Information Technologies internal and external audits regarding the Global Digital Infrastructure and security systems and procedures.
- Validate and approve relevant acquisitions and new projects, analyzing their technical feasibility and standardization.
- Evaluate, lead, and monitor the development of CIMMYT’s Knowledge Management and Information Technologies relevant projects which involve the Global Digital Infrastructure, as well as security systems and procedures.
- Monitor compliance and follow-up of procedures and processes defined in the Knowledge Management and Information Technology Unit related with the Global Digital Infrastructure and security systems.
- Analyze and establish the use of current resources to measure infrastructure improvements.
- Define the parameters and KPIs, and develop, maintain, and improve over time the dashboards of the services that the Global Digital Infrastructure and security areas must follow to provide industry-lead quality services.
- Keep a current set of internal guidelines to deal with a range of common cyber-attacks or misfunctions of the Global Digital Infrastructure and security systems in a systematic way.
- Collaborate in the development of training programs for the efficient and economical use of information systems, regarding the Global Digital Infrastructure and security systems and procedures, for internal use by relevant staff.
- Document all processes, procedures, and projects, keeping a current archive of relevant documents that can account for all the relevant setups in audits, handing-overs, re-purposes, etc.
- Collaborate in the annual budgeting exercise of the Knowledge Management and Information Technologies Unit, as well as in the implementation of the budgeted projects on a high cost/benefit basis.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- Master’s Degree in Information Technologies or related area.
- Minimum 6 years of practical and progressive experience in IT networking and/or IT Security Systems, or equivalent positions.
- Professional experience in the tactical use of information technology, design, implementation, and management of technological solutions based on capacity sizing, security, continuity management, innovation, and platform improvement.
- Tactical Knowledge of telecommunications infrastructure services.
- Expertise in the coordination of information technology projects, personnel and processes, budget optimization for local and cloud solutions, management of relationships with suppliers.
- Experience in the management of local and cloud IT services.
- Experience in email service and collaboration tools management, networking services, internet services management, domain services.
- Broad knowledge and expertise of audit process. Knowledge in Project Management aligned with PMP.
- Spanish language at the C1-CFRL level or higher. Since the use of the Spanish language is required for successful negotiations and interactions with local providers in Mexico, this requirement is a must.
- English language at the C1-CFRL level or higher.
- Desire and ability to work collaboratively and respectfully and inclusively in a diverse, multicultural, multidisciplinary work environment.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Critical Thinking, Creative Thinking, Communication, Teamwork, Client Orientation, Problem Solving and Decision Making, Negotiation and Conflict Resolution and Team Leadership.
The position is an Internationally Recruited and is for an initial fixed-term for two (2) years, after which further employment is subject to performance and the continued availability of funds. CIMMYT’s internationally competitive salary and benefits include housing allowance, car, comprehensive health and life insurance, assistance for children’s education, paid vacation, annual home travel airfare, contribution to a retirement plan, and generous assistance with relocation shipment.
Candidates must apply online for IRS22122_Digital Infrastructure and Security Manager. Screening and follow up of applications will begin on Monday, May 16th, 2022. Applications must include a CV and a cover letter. Incomplete applications will not be taken into consideration. For further information on the selection process, please contact Yessica Castillo, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit cimmytrecruitment.wufoo.com.