The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit research and training organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is looking for an outstanding, self-motivated, and result-oriented professional for the position Data Manager cum Project Manager to work in the CGIAR Excellence in Breeding Platform (EiB) program. This position will be responsible for working on supporting data management and informatics need of One CGIAR crops projects and assist EiB Regional Breeding Informatics Lead in various research data project management activities and project coordination.
The position will be based at Hyderabad, India.
The main responsibilities of this position will be:
- Contribute as a member of OneCGIAR global breeding informatics group to provide data management support for targeted breeding programs in crop breeding networks (CGIAR, NARES, SMEs)
- Support network breeding programs to develop and implement best practice & data management workflows
- Providing onsite training workshops on breeding data management system (like BMS, EBS etc.) and other digitalization tools
- Help in the development and implementation of a strategic plan for adoption of software, digitization, and standardized protocols
- Perform plant breeding data management operations
- Contribute to organizing and delivering OneCGIAR training programs in data management including BMS, EBS?, barcoding, digitalization and other related topics.
- Develops and/or manages, in collaboration with team members, a clear and consistent work plan to achieve the project budget, deliverables, and schedule
- Managing and overseeing the day-to-day activities of the projects assigned
- Streamline process to track and monitor project tasks, goals, and objectives
- Maintains and evaluates project progress by maintaining timelines and other tracking/analysis tools
- Develop dashboards to monitor project deliverables
- Organize and participate in project meetings and streamline process of taking meeting minutes, compiling, preparing reports and summaries, and identifying key follow-up actions
- Work on managing project workflows and undertake communication with stakeholders.
- Commit to continuous improvement in skills related to data management & project management
- Commit to continuous improvement to meet the service and operational needs of a modern breeding network.
- Support the integration of roles and projects into the new OneCGIAR global units.
We are seeking candidates with the following qualification, skills and attitudes:
- Master’s or PhD degree in Biometrics /Agricultural Statistics / Plant Sciences with direct experience in supporting data management and project management for projects related to plant breeding. At least 2 years pertinent experience (Masters), or a PhD.
- Experience in implementing data management systems, pedigree management and understanding data aspects of plant breeding activities (nursery, yield trial, disease trial, etc.).
- Knowledge of relational data management systems and demonstrated ability to extract data and navigate systems; knowledge of systems used in the CGIAR (e.g., BMS).
- Experience in uses of breeding informatics tools like BMS, Fieldbook and Breeding View.
- Deep understanding of breeding data project workflows, project management, data operational processes and tight breeder timelines, with work experience in a breeding support service unit.
- Experience in developing breeding data related project annual work plans and project implementation.
- Demonstrated experience supporting breeders in established best practice on use of data management tools for various stages of plant breeding.
- Experience in implementing plant breeding data management projects and databases and modernization initiatives.
- Certification in Project Management will be a plus.
- Experience working within international organizations or multicultural organizations desired.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Critical and Creative Thinking, Teamwork, Communication and Client Orientation.
The position is for an initial fixed-term contract of 3 years, after which further employment is subject to performance and the continued availability of funds. CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package, with a range of benefits including health insurance.
Interested candidates must apply online here for IN22187_Data Manager cum Project Manager, no later than Monday, December 5th, 2022. Applications must include a CV (with last drawn salary, salary expectations and notice period) and a cover letter. Incomplete applications will not be taken into consideration.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Women candidates are encouraged to apply.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity.
To apply for this job please visit cimmytrecruitment.wufoo.com.