The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT, is a not-for-profit research and training organization with partners in over 100 countries, focused on increasing food security and reducing poverty at an international scale. Please refer to our website for more information www.cimmyt.org
We are seeking two enthusiastic, organized, and competent Data Analysts to join the International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center (CIMMYT) in Bangladesh. These positions are to speed the process of data analysis and reporting to donors on analytics. The candidates should have a strong desire to conduct advanced analytics and knowledge of data management, processing and statistics. Desirable candidates will have good team and inter-personal skills and be able to contribute to data management.
The positions will be based in Dhaka, Bangladesh and will require extensive travel between project sites, primarily Jashore, Faridpur, Bogura, Dinajpur and Cox’s Bazar.
- Support ongoing research in GIS, Remote sensing and data organization and analysis activities.
- GIS data editing/digitizing, updating and management using QGIS/ArcGIS.
- Produce professional map layouts as required in different thematic areas as assigned by the supervisor.
- Prepare database in Excel / shapefiles / geodatabase format. Update and rectify geospatial data as necessary.
- Perform telephonic surveys and other electronic/instrumental surveys for agriculture and socioeconomic as necessary.
- Data curation, training data preparation and perform machine learning analysis.
- Satellite image processing, crop identification and perform classification.
- Generation of quality graphs, figures or maps for annual reports and publications.
- Support in training manual preparation and assist in training activates.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- BS in Agricultural Science/Environmental Science/Urban and Rural Planning related disciplines with strong background in statistics, data & analytics, and geospatial analysis.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in agriculture/Geospatial data analysis field.
- Good understanding of predominant cropping systems in Bangladesh.
- Ability to collect, manage, scientific data.
- Generate training data for machine learning analysis by organizing data appropriately and perform analysis
- Assist in ODK form design and ODK server data monitoring, data cleaning, linking to analytical platforms
- Organize ODK and other forms of data using R/python for analysis and visualization.
- Experience in working with satellite images and image classification.
- Experience with meteorological data.
- Survey experience preferably using Open Data Kit (ODK), Global Positioning System (GPS), Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAVs), handheld spectroradiometer, crop canopy analyzer and willingness to learn any new tools.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Communication, Teamwork, Client orientation and Critical thinking.
The position is for Bangladesh Nationals for an initial fixed-term contract of 1 year, with a three-month initial probationary period, after which further employment is subject to performance and the continued availability of funds. CIMMYT will provide a nationally competitive salary and benefits that include comprehensive health and life insurance, paid vacation, contributions to a retirement plan, and a range of other benefits as required by Bangladesh law.
To apply for this position, please email cover letter and CV no later than Thursday 28 Jan 2021 to Human Resources, CIMMYT (Email: CIM-Recruitment-BD@cgiar.org) Please indicate Position Name & Job Ref no- B20177 / B20178 in the subject of your email.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to CIM-Recruitment-BD@cgiar.org