The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: https://www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a proactive, innovative, and self-motivated professional Learning Design and Development Specialist to work in the Sustainable Agrifood Systems program. The holder of the consultancy will:
- Design and develop learning materials for farmers and system-level actors (farmer organizations, regional governments, local agricultural start-ups) on digital skills.
- Design and develop online courses based on existing knowledge from the CGIAR.
This consultancy will contribute to the Digital Innovation Initiative from the OneCGIAR, specifically providing training materials and designing online courses to be deployed to the existing community.
The consultancy will be based in CIMMYT in Texcoco, Mexico.
- Consult and co-design with partners a toolbox including materials for training on Digital Skills including videos, short podcasts, printed material, and learning session design.
- Identify knowledge gaps through in-depth research, including consultations with final users.
- Decide on the most suitable modes of instruction and formulate curricula outlines that address identified skills deficits.
- Writing, editing, and structuring course contents in a way that bolsters students’ retention.
- Work with graphic designers and video producers to inform and guide the development of the materials.
- Use existing content on several topics related to Digital Innovation and Data Management and generate content for online courses.
- Contribute to understanding gaps and opportunities for digital skills training.
Required academic qualifications, skills, and attitudes:
- Degree in instructional design, research, educational psychology, or similar.
- Demonstrable experience as a Learning Designer, Instructional Designer, or Curriculum Developer.
- Ability to use applications such as Articulate Storyline and Moodle.
- Solid knowledge of contemporary educational strategies.
- In tune with appropriate assessment procedures.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Spanish.
- Ability to source and utilize verified information to create courses.
- Adherence to final users’ learning-related requests.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Critical and Creative Thinking, Problem-Solving and Decision Making, Conflict Resolution, Communication, Teamwork, and Client Orientation.
The position is for an initial fixed term of one (1) year, after which further employment is subject to performance and the continued availability of funds.
Candidates must apply here for IRS23118_Consultancy, Learning, Design, and Development Specialist. Screening and follow-up of applications will begin on Friday, April 28th, 2023. Applications must include a CV and a cover letter. Incomplete applications will not be taken into consideration. For further information on the selection process, please contact Yessica Castillo, at email@example.com
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
These consultancies will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal-opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit cimmytrecruitment.wufoo.com.