The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Compensation and Benefits Specialist to work in the Human Resources Department.
The position is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico, located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Lead job evaluation through collecting and analyzing the job requirements to support staffing strategies, internal mobility, promotions, and reclassifications.
- Provide HR budgetary analysis by providing the cost based on the job level and managing all related documentation.
- Monitor and provide expertise in all projects of compensation, benefits, total reward strategies, and HR policies for all workforce categories globally.
- Maintaining current practices within market trends and desired position by suggesting solutions which include what-if scenarios and models to explore new possibilities to ensure the competitive edge of CIMMYT in staffing positions and developing employees.
- Develop and propose compensation and benefits schemes, including salary scales and benefits levels in all CIMMYT office locations by analyzing and interpreting survey results including non-financial benefits, ad hoc reviews to ensure the C&B elements are aligned with CIMMYT’s strategy.
- Participate in the insurance bidding processes and the implementation of the Staff insurance programs when requested.
- Support to the HR Administrative teams (Locally recruited staff in Mexico/HQ, locally recruited Staff in other countries, and Internationally recruited staff/expatriates) as per the established policies and procedures to execute Salary Offers, Internal Mobility process, Performance Improvement Plans, and International Staff (expatriate) compensation structure and relocation programs.
- Prepare reports and presentations on all C&B related subject by gathering related information in preparation for the relevant communication to the Staff Members, Management Committee, Executive Committee and Board meetings.
- Provide data analysis and metrics as requested for Compensation and Benefits.
- Support the design and implementation of strategic Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for Human Resources when requested by monitoring and gathering data to fulfill the C&B and HR work plan.
Performance Management Cycle:
- Manage the performance appraisal system and related actions by developing a communication and training plan on the performance appraisal, organizing the help stations globally and providing general support to all Staff.
- In collaboration with ICT ensure continuous improvement in designing the performance review process and system, while ensuring strict adherence to the annually decided timeframe.
HR Data and Systems:
- Create and update jobs and positions in the ERP (Dynamics HRM) and administer the Compensation and Benefits sections, including ensuring accuracy in the organizational hierarchy by liaising with the different HR administrative teams or Programs.
- Support when necessary the HR Data and Systems Specialist, in particular for preparation and Issuance of all HR data reports and in providing analyses, metrics and KPIs.
- Support the automation of the all HR processes, Staff surveys, audit responses, and other HR related activities as required.
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in International Human Resources, Business Administration, International Business or related field.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in similar role or activities, including international exposure.
- Desirable knowledge of International benefits and procedures for expatriate personnel.
- Experience in an administrative environment, with excellent organization skills.
- Advanced level in English language (English test will be administered; candidate must score a minimum of C1 as per CEFR).
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Problem Solving, Multi-Cultural Awareness/Sensitivity, Communication, Pro-activity and Teamwork.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development. In addition to the provisions of the Mexican Labor Law our package of benefits includes year-end bonus (40 days), vacation premium (56%), life and medical insurance, supermarket coupons, savings fund, social Mexican benefits (IMSS, SAR / Infonavit).
Candidates must apply online to M19185 Compensation and Benefits Specialist. Screening and follow up will begin on Tuesday, 21 May 2019. For more information on the recruitment process, please contact Karen Luna (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit cimmytrecruitment.wufoo.com.mx.