The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmy.org
CIMMYT is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Communications Specialist to lead the planning of campaigns, events, and other communications activities.
The position is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico, located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico.
- Write, edit and proof internal and external communications, including project and regional communications.
- Produce supporting materials (briefings, speeches, reports, press releases, articles, presentations, and others).
- Lead the planning of campaigns and events, including developing plans and coordination.
- Content management, publishing, and continuous improvement of the CIMMYT website and intranet.
- Support media relations and public affairs.
- Other communications and dissemination tasks as required.
Required academic qualifications, skills, and attitudes:
- Degree in Communication, Marketing, Advertising, or related.
- 3 to 5 years in a similar position.
- Ability to analyze complex data, elaborate, and explain technical information.
- Read and respond appropriately to correspondence, orally and in writing in English.
- Proficiency to use standard software at an advanced level.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: organization, critical thinking, teamwork, client Orientation, problem-solving decision-making, negotiation, and conflict resolution
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development. In addition to the provisions of the Mexican Labor Law, our package of benefits includes a year-end bonus (40 days), vacation premium (56%), life and medical insurance, supermarket coupons, savings fund, and social Mexican benefits (IMSS, SAR / Infonavit).
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal-opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit cimmytrecruitment.wufoo.com.