The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Communications Coordinator to plan, create and manage content for CIMMYT’s channels.
The position is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico, located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico.
- Support content management on the website.
- Planning and implementation of internal and external events, including visits.
- Prepare and distribute CIMMYT’s monthly newsletter and project newsletters
- Monitor media for agricultural development-related articles and CIMMYT mentions, and help develop a media contact list.
- Coordinate internal and external communications support services, such as designers, writers, editors, and translation services.
- Multimedia support, including basic photography and video editing.
- Other communications and dissemination tasks.
Required academic qualifications, skills, and attitudes:
- Degree in Communication, Marketing, Advertising, or related.
- 3 to 5 years experience in a similar position.
- Ability to analyze complex data, elaborate, and explain technical information.
- Read and respond appropriately to correspondence, orally and in writing in English.
- Proficiency to use standard software at an advanced level.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: organization, critical thinking, teamwork, client orientation, problem-solving, decision-making, negotiation, and conflict resolution.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development. In addition to the provisions of the Mexican Labor Law, our package of benefits includes a year-end bonus (40 days), vacation premium (56%), life and medical insurance, supermarket coupons, savings fund, and social Mexican benefits (IMSS, SAR / Infonavit).
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal-opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit cimmytrecruitment.wufoo.com.