The Borlaug Institute for South Asia (BISA) is a non-profit international research institute dedicated to food, nutrition, and livelihood security as well as environmental rehabilitation in South Asia, which is home to more than 300 million undernourished people. BISA is a collaborative effort involving CIMMYT and the Indian Council for Agricultural Research (ICAR). Please refer to the website for more information: www.bisa.org and www.cimmyt.org.
We are seeking a dynamic, and self-motivated professional with excellent organizational and people skills for the consultancy of Communications.
The vacancy will be based in Bihar.
The main activities of this consultancy will be:
- Identify and develop communication products (factsheets, brochures, posters, etc.) for projects and other events in BISA.
- Link with HQ to share BISA stories and materials to be published on CIMMYT platforms, with approval from the Director of Communications.
- Regularly develop, write and edit stories, news pieces, and event reports from BISA centers and projects for use in website and other platforms.
- Regularly Manage webpages and upload content, Manage social media channels (YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Flickr).
- Provide support in the development of video products, Provide communication and media support to prioritized special events/workshops/meetings and conferences.
- Coordinate and manage publication activities such as content management, norms for publishing, design, etc.
- Provide necessary writing/editing support of project technical reports.
We are seeking candidates with the following qualification, skills, and attitudes:
- Master degree in communications/ public relations or similar relevant field.
- Working experience with the reputed organization as a communications specialist for 2 years.
- Skill and knowledge in copywriting, proofreading, and editing.
- The skill of photo and video editing.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Experience in web design and content production is a big plus.
The vacancy is for an initial fixed-term contract of 11 months.
Email cover letter and CV as a single document with last drawn salary, salary expectations, and notice period no later than Sunday, November 29, 2020, to Human Resources, CIMMYT / BISA.
(Email: email@example.com / Please insert Reference number: IN20167 in the subject of your email). Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Women candidates are encouraged to apply.
CIMMYT-BISA is an equal opportunity employer and strives for staff diversity in gender and nationality.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org