The Excellence in Breeding Platform (EiB) is a CGIAR cross-commodity platform that supports the modernization of breeding programs targeting Africa, Asia, and Latin America for greater impact on food and nutrition security, climate change adaptation and development. By providing important outcomes to under-resourced peoples, CGIAR centers help realize the founding mission of the CGIAR system – they target low-and-middle-income countries for greater impact on food and nutrition security, climate change adaptation and development.
EiB is headquartered at the International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center (CIMMYT), with access to state-of-the art facilities at one of the largest CGIAR centers and well-connected with the 15 other sister centers, all known for their high impact on agriculture in developing countries. EiB draws from innovations in CGIAR centers, advanced research institutes and the private sector, providing access to cutting-edge tools, services and best practices, application-oriented training and practical advice.
EiB is seeking to build a roster of consultants available for short-term engagements to support the process of modernizing public sector breeding programs targeting the developing world:
- Product Design and Management
- Optimization of Breeding Schemes
- Genotyping & Sequencing Tools and Service
- Breeding Operations and Phenotyping
- Bioinformatics, biometrics and data management tools and services
- Specialist knowledge and experience in one of the five subject areas above.
- Good people management, ability to work across disciplines and cultures and communication (especially written) skills.
- Demonstrated integrity, reliability and track record in delivering agreed results.
- Teamwork and influencing; ability to stimulate cultural change.
- Knowledge of the change management process.
- Ph.D./M.Sc. (Ag) in Genetics & Plant breeding with knowledge in related fields
- Minimum 15 years of work experience.
- Low and middle-income country (LMIC), public sector plant breeding and private sector breeding experience is considered an advantage.
Kindly click here to apply online. Include your CV.
Consultancies could last from a few weeks to a few months following the terms of references jointly developed between EiB its member organizations. Travel to EiB target locations in Africa, Asia and Latin America may be required in addition to teleworking.
Women are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org