The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Buyer Administrator to work in the Corporate Services Program (CSP) in Global Logistics Team/Supply Chain.
The position is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico, located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico.
- Ensure operation, advisory and compliance on Procurement Policies within the Supply Chain Transactions.
- Support & Coach HQ Buyer team on the following activities, proposing an integrated sourcing-procure platform based on the requirements and Institutional benefits.
- PO’s submissions and confirmations.
- Negotiate and establish delivery dates according requirements.
- Ensure a service oriented mindset with efficacy and efficiency in the procurement operations.
- Identify, propose and develop relations with new suppliers according to Institutional needs.
- Identify, configure, plan and execute bidding processes to be performed for institutional projects.
- Establish an efficient communication channel between suppliers, internal users and programs.
- Establishment of key performance indicators for procurement operations and HQ Procurement Team.
- Execute any other activities assigned by the supervisor.
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- Bachelor’s Degree in International Trade/Commerce, Business, Administration or related fields.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in performing similar roles.
- Extensive experience on sourcing about Indirect Purchases: MROs, Lab reagents, Facilities maintenance, Office supplies, Fleet, IT, field equipment and others.
- Proficiency in Procurement to Pay process (P2P)
- Intermediate level in English language is required (English test will be administered; candidate must score a minimum of B2 as per CEFR).
- ERP awareness, preferably AX – Microsoft Dynamics.
- Resilient work under different level of pressure.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Teamwork, Time Management, Communication, Pro-Activity and Customer orientation.
- The candidate must exhibit sense of urgency and commitment to his responsibilities and deadlines.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development. In addition to the provisions of the Mexican Labor Law our package of benefits includes year-end bonus (40 days), vacation premium (56%), life and medical insurance, supermarket coupons, savings fund, social Mexican benefits (IMSS, SAR / Infonavit).
Candidates must apply online to M19142 Buyer Administrator-Supply Chain. Screening and follow up will begin on Monday, April 15, 2019. For more information on the recruitment process, please contact Yareli Cruz (email@example.com).
Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit cimmytrecruitment.wufoo.com.mx.