The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Auxiliary Services Assistant.
The position is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico, located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico.
- Carry out the general cleaning of the facilities including furniture, equipment, rooms, kitchen, toys and utensils.
- Disinfection of toys and teaching materials that are used during the day and leave them ready to be used the next day.
- Support CENDI and After School staff in providing meals to children, strictly adhering to the procedures and protocols related to this function.
- Washing, drying and storing trays and utensils (plates, cutlery, glasses).
- Take covers for mats, rocking chairs and racks to be washed at the Hospitality laundry.
- Make sure to refill the dispensers for antibacterial gel, soap and disposable paper towels, in such a way that they have the necessary quantities for the day.
- Preparation and after use washing of milk bottles for the nursling children at CENDI.
- Collect garbage from living rooms, bathrooms, kitchen and diapers, as well as change the plastic bags in the containers (garbage cans).
- Actively participate in the weekly meeting of the staff of the area where the activities to be carried out at CENDI and After School are scheduled.
- Support in CENDI and After School activities and special activities.
- Participate in all schedule training on First Aid for children, and have an active role during emergencies at CENDI and After School.
- Perform any other activity assigned by the immediate supervisor.
- Support in the provision of snacks and meals for the children who attend the annual Summer Camp, based on the instructions of their supervisor and in strict adherence to the institutional policy on food handling.
- Participate in the deep cleaning processes of the facilities on fumigation scheduled days.
- Periodically review the assigned work equipment, and report those that are in poor condition or require renewal.
Required academic qualifications, skills, and attitudes:
- The selected candidate must have Middle school diploma
- The selected candidate must have 1-3 years of experience working in a releated position.
- Having English Skills would represent an advantage.
- Experience working with children would represent an advantage.
- High level of responsibility, commitment, patience and empathy.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Teamwork, Communication, Creative thinking, Problem solving, Decisition Making and Client Orientation
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development. In addition to the provisions of the Mexican Labor Law our package of benefits includes year-end bonus (40 days), vacation premium (56%), life and medical insurance, supermarket coupons, savings fund, social Mexican benefits (IMSS, SAR / Infonavit).
Candidates must apply online to M21212 Auxiliary Services Assistant. Screening and follow up will begin on Tuesday October 26, 2021. For more information on the recruitment process, please contact Jaqueline Perez (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit cimmytrecruitment.wufoo.com.