The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT, is a not-for-profit research and training organization with partners in over 100 countries, focused on increasing food security and reducing poverty at an international scale. Please refer to our website for more information www.cimmyt.org
We are seeking for a dynamic, and self-motivated professional with excellent organizational and people skills for the position of Assistant Research Associate – Gender and Social Inclusion.
The position will be based in Delhi, India.
- Support CIMMYTs Gender and Social Inclusion Specialist in the planning, coordination, implementation, and supervision of field research on gender dynamics in the digital services and ecosystem in food, land, and water systems in India.
- By coordinating field activities, data collection, establish partnerships with farmers, private sector, and NARS agencies.
- Carry out high level analysis of qualitative and quantitative data using appropriate computer software.
- Undertake literature searches and reviews related to gender and social equity in digital agriculture, climate information, and land/water uses, in general.
- Gather and manage information and prepare background briefs and communication products.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Reading about the project, attend meetings, literature review.
- Support framing research, more literature, attend meetings.
- Help design instruments, field trips, interviewing farmers.
- Data collection, interviewing, focus groups, data cleaning.
- Report/draft manuscript.
Required academic qualifications, skills, and attitudes:
- Master’s degree or PhD in social sciences, preferably with a focus on gender studies, agrarian change, food security, and social inclusion in the Global South.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant professional experience working on gender/social inclusion issues, preferably in relation to agriculture or rural development.
- Understanding of digital ecosystem in the areas of agriculture, land and water system is an asset.
- The selected candidate should exhibit the following competencies: Communication, Critical Thinking, Client Orientation and Teamwork.
The position is for an initial fixed-term contract of 12 months, after which further employment is subject to performance and the continued availability of funds. CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package, with a range of benefits including health insurance.
Interested candidates must apply online here for IN22148_ARA – Gender and Social Inclusion, no later than Tuesday, September 13, 2022. For more information on the process please e-mail Human Resources, CIMMYT (Email: firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Women candidates are encouraged to apply.
CIMMYT-BISA is an equal-opportunity employer and strives for staff diversity in gender and nationality.
To apply for this job please visit cimmytrecruitment.wufoo.com.