The Borlaug Institute for South Asia (BISA) is a non-profit international research institute dedicated to food, nutrition and livelihood security as well as environmental rehabilitation in South Asia, which is home to more than 300 million undernourished people. BISA is a collaborative effort involving CIMMYT and the Indian Council for Agricultural Research (ICAR). Please refer to these website for more information: www.bisa.org and www.cimmyt.org
We are seeking dynamic, innovative and self-motivated professional with a specialization with a specialization in Crop Modelling. We are expecting the person to contribute the work on crop modelling for making informed decisions on climate risk management, climate change adaptation at the farm scale to the policy level.
The position will be based in Delhi.
The main responsibilities of this position will be:
- To provide modelling support to the BISA team including crop modelling, climatic risk analysis, insurance product development and climate impact assessment.
- Assist, as required, in the spatial modeling activities and be responsible for preparation and handling large datasets, spatial analyses and geographic information system (GIS) mapping, as and when requested.
- Understand the core scientific questions and develop methodology to best address these questions.
- Document results for reports, blogs, and journal publications.
- Contribute to the other activities as assigned by the supervisor.
We are seeking candidates with the following qualification, skills and attitudes:
- MSc in agricultural physics/ soil science/agronomy/ agricultural engineering or related disciplines.
- At least 2 years’ experience in crop modelling/hydrological modelling/climate modelling/ spatial data modelling, and related areas.
- Excellent programming skills.
- Demonstrated experience using crop simulation models, hydrological models etc.
- Advance knowledge of spatial analysis using R/Python and/or any crop growth model/hydrological model.
- The candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Teamwork, Critical Thinking and Communication and Multi-Cultural Awareness.
- The position is for an initial fixed-term contract of 1 year, after which further employment is subject to performance and the continued availability of funds. BISA offers an attractive remuneration package, with a range of benefits including health insurance.
Email cover letter and CV as a single document with last drawn salary, salary expectations and notice period no later than Wednesday, April 27, 2022 to Human Resources, CIMMYT / BISA
(Email: email@example.com / Please insert Position Reference number: IN22126 in the subject of your email).
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
CIMMYT-BISA is an equal-opportunity employer and strives for staff diversity in gender and nationality.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org