The Borlaug Institute for South Asia (BISA) is a non-profit international research institute dedicated to food, nutrition and livelihood security as well as environmental rehabilitation in South Asia, which is home to more than 300 million undernourished people. BISA is a collaborative effort involving CIMMYT and the Indian Council for Agricultural Research (ICAR). Please refer to these website for more information: www.bisa.org and www.cimmyt.org
We are seeking dynamic, innovative and self-motivated professional with a specialization with a specialization in Climate Risk Management. We are expecting the person to contribute to the work on climate risk management including climate-smart agriculture, agricultural insurance, and resilience, for making informed decisions from farm scale to the policy level.
The position will be based in Delhi.
The main responsibilities of this position will be:
- To provide climate risk management support to the BISA team including leading research on climate-smart agriculture.
- Use econometrics/statistics for agricultural risk management strategies for calculating risk indicators, yield, and adaptation/mitigation options.
- Assist, as required, in the spatial modeling activities and be responsible for preparation and handling large datasets, spatial analyses and geographic information system (GIS) mapping, as and when requested.
- Document results for reports, blogs and journal publications.
- Contribute to the other activities as assigned by the supervisor.
We are seeking candidates with the following qualification, skills and attitudes:
- MSc/MTech in soils/agronomy/agricultural engineering/water management/ agricultural extension or related discipline.
- At least 2 years of experience in climate change area and/or project management related to risk.
management/climate change work. Should have the ability to handle and process climate data.
- Demonstrated experience in climate data analysis, climate risk assessment and risk management etc.
- Experience of conducting trainings for stakeholders would be an advantage.
- Experience of Stata and R is desirable.
- The candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Teamwork, Critical Thinking and Communication and Multi-Cultural Awareness.
The position is for an initial fixed-term contract of 1 year, after which further employment is subject to performance and the continued availability of funds. BISA offers an attractive remuneration package, with a range of benefits including health insurance.
Interested candidates must apply online here for IN22125_Assistant Research Associate – Climate Risk Management, no later than Tuesday September 13, 2022. For more information on the process please e-mail Human Resources, CIMMYT (Email: email@example.com).
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Women candidates are encouraged to apply.
CIMMYT-BISA is an equal-opportunity employer and strives for staff diversity in gender and nationality.
To apply for this job please visit cimmytrecruitment.wufoo.com.