The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries.
CIMMYT is looking for an Administrative Assistant, the selected candidate will take up routine office activities falling under the purview of the administration unit.
The position will be based in CIMMYT’s campus in Islamabad, Pakistan.
- Respond to incoming calls and forward to the appropriate telephone line on PABX and provide information to staff regarding their calls in case they are not in the office on that day.
- Send/receive letters and packages; maintain mail in/out register for office.
- Organize appointments and meetings with the public and private partners including donors and help CCR with the overall filing system.
- Receive visitors and make sure their seating and other necessary arrangements are in place.
- Maintain and update central office telephone directory, filing systems and list of extension of staff, staff contact information and provide to relevant people.
- Understand ICT issues and resolve as needed.
- Understand all administrative guidelines and procedures and fill the gap when the administrator is on leave or absent.
- Draft minutes of meetings, arrange online and offline meetings, and upload them in the systems.
- Maintain files of important internal and external communication
- Maintain Office library and overall aesthetics of the office.
- Process request of office supplies from the office staff
- Liaise with courier companies for pickup and delivery of packages
- Other related activities as assigned by supervisor
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- Bachelor’s degree or professional qualification requiring 2 or more years’ study.
- Technical Requirements: Use of computers and minor troubleshooting of IT, MS office applications, telephone system, drafting minutes and letters, good knowledge of written and verbal English.
- Minimum 2 years experience preferably in INGO/NGO working environment
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Critical and Creative thinking, Communication, Teamwork, Client orientation, Problem solving and decision-making, Negotiation and conflict resolution.
The contract term will be a one year renewable depending on performance.
Candidates must apply online for P21112_Administrative Assistant. Screening and follow up of applications will begin on Monday, April 12, 2021. Applications must include a CV and a cover letter. Incomplete applications will not be taken into consideration.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit www.rozee.pk.