The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Accounting Assistant to actively contribute in the Accounting area and Supporting to the Accounting Analyst.
The position is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico, located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico. Please consider that this is a strictly temporary position (6 months).
- Supporting documentation and fiscal requirements review.
- Download and review documentation of purchase orders, petty cash reimbursements, checks issuance, prepayments, and expense allocation for multi-currency operations.
- A.T. refunding process.
- Process payment proposals according to the information provided by the accounting analyst and payment schedule and confirm payment details to suppliers.
- Send accounts statements of corporate credit cards and personal accounts.
- Monthly accounting closing per deadlines, download and prepare the reports for the accounting analyst to perform the analysis, file of closing journals.
- Ensure compliance with applicable policies and both local and foreign regulations.
- Provide excellent internal and external customer service by resolving questions and issues quickly and accurately.
- Participate in ERP updates to enhance efficiency and business requirements.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the coordinator.
Required academic qualifications, skills, and attitudes:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field.
- 1 to 3 years of relevant experience in a similar position.
- Communicate effectively with colleagues and external contacts on routine work-related matters in English.
- Basic skills in Windows Operating System and LAN
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Organization, Critical thinking, Teamwork, Client Orientation, Problem Solving decision-making, Negotiation, and Conflict resolution.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal-opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit cimmytrecruitment.wufoo.com.