The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not -for-profit research and training organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a skilled and motivated candidate as Accounting Assistant. The position is based in CIMMYT’s Southern Africa Office in Harare, Zimbabwe. These positions will support on-going research activities in Zimbabwe and collaborating projects in the Southern Africa region as needed.
- Manage payments and update the ledger in the accounting system.
- Check invoices (format, purchase voucher validity) before payment and reject any incompliant documents.
- Reception of staff expense reports and maintaining a record of corrections and reviews.
- Enter transactions in QuickBooks system.
- Perform bank account reconciliations.
- Review VAT Receivable account, prepare schedule and invoices for review before submission to ZIMRA.
- Produce list of Withholding tax payments processed and share with Admin team.
- Assist in preparing for internal and external audits.
- Manage filing of all documents by month, voucher number and year.
- Perform any other relevant duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Required qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Management or related.
- At least 2 years relevant experience, with experience in an international organization and working with donor funds.
- Fluency in English, Shona and/or Ndebele; working knowledge of other local languages is desirable.
- Demonstrated excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Basic knowledge of Quick Books and IFRS.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Negotiation and Conflict Resolution, Critical Thinking, Communication, Teamwork and Client Orientation.
These positions are open to all Zimbabweans with excellent academic records.
How to apply:
- Complete the online application form https://forms.gle/QMBHjjp4F79kJUKk9
- Submit your CV and Cover Letter to CIMMYT-Zimbabwe@cgiar.org with the reference number Z22119 in the subject of the e-mail and expected remuneration in the body. Cover Letter should refer explicitly to the essential qualifications, skills, and competencies stated above providing clear and concrete examples of where, when, and how the experience was gained. Incomplete applications will not be taken into consideration.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 1st April 2022. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. Women are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to CIMMYT-Zimbabwe@cgiar.org