The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking an innovative, self-motivated, and flexible professional for the Consultancy: Wheat Research Consortium Developer to work in the Global Wheat Program for the Physiology Department.
The Heat and Drought Wheat Improvement Consortium (HeDWIC) has been endorsed by the Wheat Initiative and is notionally supported by an international network of collaborators. The HeDWIC initiative will orchestrate genetic, physiological, and agronomic technologies to raise the productivity of wheat cultivated under heat and drought stress in environments worldwide, in full consideration of future climatic and socioeconomic factors.
- Launch HeDWIC officially, bringing the attention of a broad range of stakeholders to the initiative.
- Organize workshop(s) to clearly define HeDWIC’s modus operandi and expected contributions to stabilizing wheat production worldwide during the coming decades.
- Identify potential research outputs from the broader HeDWIC community –including participants at a previous international workshop – for incorporation into a translational pre-breeding hub at CIMMYT via sharing germplasm and technologies.
- Lead a funding campaign to extend and coordinate multidisciplinary research, involving key stakeholders worldwide, capitalizing on linked initiatives inside and outside the CG system.
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- Preferably a post-graduate educational background in Crop Science.
- At least 5 years of experience in fundraising and donor relations.
- Ability to synthesize complex ideas and present them convincingly to a high level, non-scientific audience.
- Strong organizational abilities.
- Excellent communications skills, including use of multimedia platforms.
- Networking and advocacy experience.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Communication, Decision Making, Multicultural Awareness/Sensitivity, Pro-activity, Relationship Management, Strategic Thinking and Achievement Orientation.
The consultancy is for an initial fixed-term for twelve (12) months, after which further contract is subject to performance and success in securing funding commitments. The location of the position will be negotiable.
Candidates must apply here for IRS18124 Wheat Research Consortium Developer. Screening and follow up will begin on Wednesday, May 30, 2018. Applications must include a CV and a letter of interest. Incomplete applications will not be taken into consideration. For further information on the selection process, please contact Yessica Castillo, at email@example.com.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
This consultancy will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.