The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Web Developer to work in the Knowledge Management Department of CIMMYT.
The position is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico, located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico.
- Assist the Knowledge Management (KM) team with the development of the web system platforms.
- Provide support in the design, maintenance, documentation, and monitoring the open source solutions of new technologies for CIMMYT Knowledge Initiative
- Provide support in the analysis, review, modification, and test new systems and risk assessment finding to ensure systems vulnerabilities are addressed effectively and immediately, giving reports to supervisor.
- Monitor and report on the status of current and new web systems platforms/servers/tools.
- Discuss and provide technical guidance and support related to the implementation of the CIMMYT Knowledge Initiative
- Provide technical support and proper documentation for end user training as required.
- Upload and update current information on systems such as integration of videos, forms, data and other types of information resources into collaborative web systems services.
- Ensuring the optimal service of servers by maintaining collaborative environment with providers.
- Other duties as directed by supervisor.
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications Science, Journalism or relevant field.
- 3 years of experience in same role or activities.
- Intermediate level of English. English will be tested and candidate should score a minimum of B2 on CEFR.
- User Advanced level in the usage of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.).
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Communication, Strategic Thinking, Teamwork, Innovation and creativity and Pro-activity
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development. In addition to the provisions of the Mexican Labor Law our package of benefits includes year-end bonus (40 days), vacation premium (56%), life and medical insurance, supermarket coupons, savings fund, social Mexican benefits (IMSS, SAR / Infonavit).
Candidates must apply online to M17254 Web Developer. Screening and follow up will begin on Friday, 5 January 2018. For further information on the selection process, please contact Ricardo Pérez (email@example.com).
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.