The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Web Developer to work in the Knowledge Management Unit (KMU) in the Research and Partnerships Program (RPP). The Web Developer provides support to CIMMYT web projects under direct supervision of the KMU. This position reports to the Knowledge Systems Manager and constantly interacts with web systems, database and communications staff in CIMMYT. The successful candidate will be responsible for web content development; usability design and the development of web-based platforms as well provide technical-based support on web standards, web-based systems.
The position is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico, located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico.
- Conceptualize and develop web-based systems and platforms as well as to explore and obtain information on its effectiveness, reach and impact.
- Develop interface prototypes and implement standards-based approaches in applying the approved designs into finalized system templates.
- Meet with key staff, collectively and individually, to identify expectations, requirements and features to create web-based systems that will support the organizations goals and objectives.
- Provide expertise and technical guidance in relation to analytics, SEO, usability approaches and development workflows.
- Enhance existing web-based platforms for searchability, usability and data interoperability.
- Provide usability testing approaches and comply with usability testing results in the further development of prototypes as needed.
- Other support tasks as required by supervisor.
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Informatics, Information Technologies and/or similar experience with specific expertise in CMS platforms and web development standards.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in similar roles or activities.
- The candidate must exhibit sense of urgency and commitment to his responsibilities and deadlines.
- Advanced level of usage in MS Office Suite.
- Advanced level in English language (English test will be administered; candidate must score a minimum of C1 as per CEFR).
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Communication, Pro-Activity, Problem-Solving, Teamwork, Strategic Thinking, Innovation and Creativity and Customer Orientation.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development. In addition to the provisions of the Mexican Labor Law our package of benefits includes year-end bonus (40 days), vacation premium (56%), life and medical insurance, supermarket coupons, savings fund, social Mexican benefits (IMSS, SAR / Infonavit).
Candidates must apply online to M16241 Web Developer. Screening and follow up will begin on Monday, 13 March 2017. For more information on the recruitment process, please contact Ricardo Pérez (email@example.com).
Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.