The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Warehouse Coordinator to work in the Supply Chain Management under the Business Services Unit (BS).
The position is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico, located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico.
- Devise ways to optimize inventory control procedures.
- Place orders to replenish stock avoiding insufficiencies or excessive surplus.
- Analyze data to anticipate future needs.
- Ensure that warehouse is managed according to internal procedures and common best practices.
- Supervise that warehouse goods catalog and purchase requisitions are handled in an effective and efficient manner.
- Keep track of quality, quantity, stock levels/ re-order points, delivery times and transport/ delivery.
- Meet cost, efficiency and timeliness targets.
- Ensure that adequate systems and controls are in place to keep and maintain accurate records of all the inventory and stock in the warehouse.
- Oversee and supervise the work of warehouse associates.
- Identify opportunities to consolidate requirements and optimize/ automate the operation.
- Comply with all Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) regulations and legal documentation norms pertaining to warehousing.
- Track and report key functional metrics to keep things on track and improve effectiveness.
- Collaborate with key persons to ensure clarity of specifications and expectations of the client.
- Resolve any arising problems or complaints.
- Supervise, coach and train warehouse workforce.
- Report to upper management on stock levels, issues etc.
- Any other duty assigned by supervisor.
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Administration, Logistics, Supply Chain or relevant field.
- At least 5 years of experience in similar roles or activities, ideally gained in both private and Non For-Profit environments.
- Proven working experience as Warehouse Manager/Supervisor.
- Record of successful accomplishment in warehouse management or related field.
- Proficient in specialized Software (warehouse, procurement and finance).
- Experience in operating in a matrix-style management internationally.
- Knowledge of best practices in warehousing as well as a dexterity in “reading” evolving trends/needs.
- User Advanced level in the usage of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.). Experience with MS Dynamics is highly desirable and will represent an advantage.
- Intermediate level of English. English will be tested and candidate should score a minimum of B2 on CEFR.
- High level of responsibility, confidentiality and discretion.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Customer Orientation, Teamwork, Communication, Strategic Thinking, and Time Management; in addition to these competencies, selected candidate should demonstrate the following managerial competencies: Change Management, People Management and Relationship with External Stakeholders.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development. In addition to the provisions of the Mexican Labor Law our package of benefits includes year-end bonus (40 days), vacation premium (56%), life and medical insurance, supermarket coupons, savings fund, social Mexican benefits (IMSS, SAR / Infonavit).
Candidates must apply online to M17217 Warehouse Coordinator. Screening and follow up will begin on Friday, 20 October 2017. For further information on the selection process, please contact Ricardo Pérez (email@example.com).
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.