The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Visa Services and Foreign Affairs Coordinator to work in the Legal Unit of CIMMYT.
The position is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico, located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico.
- Respond timely to request from IRS, Program Managers, and other staff for visa support services.
- Maintain annual immigration records for visa renewals and cancellations; prepare a quarterly summary report of this data.
- Create action list, communicate with stakeholders to manage proactively the process to renew expiring documents.
- Collect and maintain a confidential archive of passports, official cards, birth certificates, and other privacy-protected information and documentation.
- Arrange and timely communication with personnel to ensure support letters, visas, and immigration documentation are all provided to visiting scientist and IRS.
- Cancel visas for departing IRS and for IRS dependents at separation.
- Cancel official visas for dependents of El-Batan-posted IRS accepting local employment outside CIMMYT.
- Manage tax exemption / franchise approvals for inbound and outbound shipment for the contractual shipment of IRS household goods to Mexico and other regional offices.
- Support franchise approvals for transfer shipments between regional offices.
- Submit documentation for diplomatic purchasing franchise.
- Provide documentation to support fleet management requests for diplomatic plates for official vehicles.
- Provide coordination with officials to respond to emergency circumstances arising at Mexico points of entry relating to visas for IRS, visiting scientists, and trainees.
- Maintain accurate timekeeping; provide chargebacks to finance for service charges and costs associated with services provided.
- Prepare summaries of information, conduct brief interviews of new arrivals, and respond to queries from IRS and others regarding internal processes and their rights, privileges, immunities, and applicable regulations related to legal accreditation by SRE (official visa).
- Provide software-based forms and templates to streamline service requests.
- Keep abreast of changes in local and international laws related to visa services.
- Conduct periodic survey to identify potential process/service improvements.
- Assist IRS in the CURP process.
- Advise and assist IRS on submission of the Police Report required for loss/replacement of Official Identification Cards.
- Execute other tasks as assigned by the immediate supervisor.
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- Bachelor’s Degree in International Relations, International Commerce, Law or relevant field.
- At least 4 to 5 years of experience in similar roles or activities, ideally gained in both private and Non For-Profit environments, focused in compliance.
- User Advanced level in the usage of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.). Experience with MS Dynamics is highly desirable and will represent an advantage.
- Advanced level of English. English will be tested and candidate should score a minimum of C1 on CEFR.
- High level of responsibility, confidentiality and discretion.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Communication, Decision-Making, Achievement Orientation, Relationship Management, Customer Orientation and Multi-Cultural Awareness.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development. In addition to the provisions of the Mexican Labor Law our package of benefits includes year-end bonus (40 days), vacation premium (56%), life and medical insurance, supermarket coupons, savings fund, social Mexican benefits (IMSS, SAR / Infonavit).
Candidates must apply online to M17218 Visa Services and Foreign Affairs Coordinator. Screening and follow up will begin on Friday, 3 November 2017. For further information on the selection process, please contact Ricardo Pérez (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.