The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Technical Coordinator to work in the Sustainable Intensification Program (SIP).
The position is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Ciudad Obregón, Sonora, located at Calle Dr. Norman Borlaug, Km.12, Valle del Yaqui, Ciudad Obregón, Sonora.
- Coordinate collaborative projects in the defined region working closely with Technical Dispatchers and Agricultural Organizations providing technical advice to farmers.
- Provide advice and supervise the duties of junior staff.
- Monitor the modules installed by certified technicians and technicians in the process of being certified in the designated Hub region.
- Identify and disseminate “best practices” among technicians and producers.
- Supervise, manage, and follow up on field operation record logs and results provided by certified technicians and those in the process of being certified.
- Organize and facilitate training events and demonstrations.
- Prepare reports on the various modules.
- Carry out any other activities as assigned by the immediate supervisor.
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Agronomy or equivalent technical degree.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in similar role or activities.
- Intermediate level of English. English will be tested and candidate should score a minimum of B1 CEFR.
- Advanced use of MS Office.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Communication, Pro-activity, Teamwork, Relationship Management, Innovation and Creativity.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development. In addition to the provisions of the Mexican Labor Law our package of benefits includes year-end bonus (40 days), vacation premium (56%), life and medical insurance, supermarket coupons, savings fund, social Mexican benefits (IMSS, SAR / Infonavit).
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.