The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Technical Coordinator to work in the Sustainable Intensification Program (SIP). Please note this is a strictly temporary position (6 months).
The position is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico, located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico.
- Monitor the modules installed by the certified technicians and technician in the process of being certified in the designated HUB region.
- Identify and train about “best practices” among technician and farmers.
- Supervise, manage and follow up on the logs of records of field operations and results supplied and filled in by certified technicians in the process of being certified.
- Transmit the principal requirements for demonstration and training events, assisting in the organization thereof.
- Prepare reports on the various modules.
- Support the design and monitoring of the activities of training points that develop in various parts of the Hub.
- Develop constant visits to points of machinery, distributed in the territory of the Hub.
- Promote capacity building among farmers, extensionistas and researchers, to support growth and strengthen network innovation.
- Any other duties as requested by supervisor.
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Agronomy or equivalent technical degree.
- Minimum 2 years of experience performing similar roles or activity.
- User advanced level of usage in MS Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word).
- Intermediate level in English language (English test will be administered; candidate must score a minimum of B2 as per CEFR).
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Communication, Achievement Orientation, Relationship Management, Pro-activity, Teamwork, Innovation, and Creativity.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development.
Candidates must apply online to M17193 Technical Coordinator. Screening and follow up will begin on Tuesday, 15 August 2017. For more information on the recruitment process, please contact Ricardo Pérez (email@example.com).
Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.