The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Spanish Translations Coordinator to assist in web production, social media management, writing, editing, public relations and event coordination in Spanish, and translations between Spanish and English.
The position is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico, located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico.
- Translate stories, articles, internal messages and other texts from English to Spanish.
- Manage CIMMYT’s bi-monthly newsletter and the news section of CIMMYT’s internal communications platform, InSide CIMMYT.
- Write, edit and proof articles for the CIMMYT website, InSide CIMMYT, annual reports, brochures and other institutional marketing tools.
- Develop content about projects, results, meetings and partnerships for CIMMYT’s website and blog.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of CIMMYT special events.
- Monitor the media for agricultural development-related articles.
- Draft/edit content for pamphlets, posters, presentations and other internal documents.
- Other communications and dissemination tasks, as required and agreed.
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- Bachelor’s Degree in communications and/or journalism.
- A proven interest in social media and knowledge-experience in online applications (such as WordPress).
- Be fluent in both Spanish and English languages
- The selected candidate should have excellent translating, writing and/or editing experience in Spanish and English.
- Knowledge of science, agriculture and agricultural development will be an advantage.
- Advanced level in English language (English test will be administered; candidate must score a minimum of C1 as per CEFR).
- Sufficient competence in using MS Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word).
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Multi-Cultural Awareness, Teamwork, Proactive, Communication and Time Management.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development. In addition to the provisions of the Mexican Labor Law our package of benefits includes year-end bonus (40 days), vacation premium (56%), life and medical insurance, supermarket coupons, savings fund, social Mexican benefits (IMSS, SAR / Infonavit).
Candidates must apply online to M18174 Spanish Translations Coordinator. Screening and follow up will begin on Monday, May 28, 2018. For more information on the recruitment process, please contact Karen Luna (email@example.com).
Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.