The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit research and training organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
We are seeking a dynamic, highly skilled, innovative, self-motivated, service- oriented candidate for the position of Senior Project Manager to work in CIMMYT, Karaj, Iran. This position is part of a project to be implemented in Iran.
The position is based at CIMMYT, Iran, in Karaj, located 40 km west of Tehran the Capital City of Iran.
- Supervise and verify that areas under scope of responsibility conduct their activities timely and correctly, in compliance with CIMMYT procedures.
- Perform all project management activities related to planning and design, execution, monitoring/controlling and closing of project: “Increasing the Productivity of Wheat and Wheat-based Systems in Iran” as required.
- Monitor and report on a bird´s-eye view perspective on utilization of budget and commitments to facilitate informed decision making of the project leader.
- Define strategic planning, procedures, execution, monitoring, control and closing stages of the project.
- Set and monitor appropriate and measurable performance indicators and targets for different stakeholders.
- Ensure effective deployment of internal and external resources.
- Monitor and evaluate human and financial aspects of performance and facilitate performance management and appraisals.
- Integrate the project reporting, monitoring and evaluation needs into the existing institutional processes and functions.
- Compile and submit reports on new proposals/workplans and technical reports for review in collaboration with team members.
- Provide administrative and financial follow up of the project and its progress.
- Coordinate activities and deliverables by scheduling work assignments, setting priorities, and directing the work of project coordination unit.
- Review and reconcile financial and technical reports.
- Ensure effective reporting to donors: new proposals, technical and financial reports.
- Execute subcontracts ensuring full compliance to established policy and process.
- Close out project including knowledge capture and lessons learned.
- Organize project workshops and follow-up on decisions related to Project.
- Ensure institutional integration through Project Leader.
- Guarantee optimal stakeholder management.
- Oversee the procurement and management of assets, inventory and other resources. Perform additional functions as be assigned by the line manager.
- Perform other duties directed by supervisor.
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration; Public Administration or BBA in Project Management or similar fields.
- Minimum 8 years’ progressive experience in a corporate & non-profit environment.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in project management and budget management.
- ERP experience and knowledge of Project Management Software (e.g., MS Project); PMP Certification (or similar).
- Experience in proposal and report development.
- Familiarity with SharePoint development.
- Proficiency in English, with excellent written / oral communication, presentation, and negotiation skills.
- Proficiency in Persian, writing / oral communication is desirable.
- Proficiency in MS Office suite and advanced internet skills.
- Advanced level of usage in MS Office Suite.
- Proficient in English language (English test will be administered; candidate must score a minimum of C1 as per CEFR).
- Strong Teamwork Attitude
- Very Good Communication
- Conflict Resolution
- Relationship Management
- Strategic Thinking
- Innovation and Creativity.
- Time management
- Managerial competencies:
- Change Management
- Project Management
- Collaboration with External Stakeholders
Candidates must apply here for IR17111 Senior Project Manager.
Screening and follow up of applications will begin on 6th March, 2017. Incomplete applications (CV and Cover Letter) will not be taken into consideration.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.