The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT wants to embed scaling systematically in its work to improve relevance and quality of activities and to achieve results more efficiently. CIMMYT approaches scaling as a combination of three important dimensions: impact that benefits many people, system change and sustainability. All three need to be approached with a scaling mindset, as opposed to the prevailing project-to-project mindset.
CIMMYT is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Scaling Coordinator to support the delivery of scaling activities for CRPs MAIZE and WHEAT, to work in the Sustainable Intensification Program (SIP).
The selected candidate will be responsible, in coordination with the CoA 4.4 leader, for the capacity enhancement on scaling activities, but will also contribute significantly to the four other areas of intervention identified by the CoA 4.4 leader.
The position is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico, located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico.
- Set up and maintain a repository of
- Capacity development materials on scaling, internal as well as external to CIMMYT
- Past and current CIMMYT projects that have a strong scaling component- assess scaling approach and results
- Approaches to scaling by key donors, CG centers and other key players.
- Tools to help with a scaling strategy
- Development of capacity enhancement approaches (workshop/ ToT concepts) and materials (tools, contents, manuals, guides) and use that to support CIMMYT staff, partners and others better understand scaling and improve proposals, implementation and project evaluation.
- Identify and implement opportunities for capacity enhancement of CIMMYT staff and partners in topics strongly related to scaling, such as partnership brokering, system thinking, etc.
- Support the further development and promotion of the Scaling Scan and other tools
- Support the implementation of the scaling components of the projects
- Support all five areas of intervention in consultation with the CoA 4.4 leader.
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- MSc degree in capacity development, agricultural extension, monitoring and results measurement, adult education or any other relevant field.
- At least 3 years’ proven experience in capacity development with specific focus on agricultural technology adoption, institutional development at local level/regional level in a developing country context.
- Knowledgeable about state of the art theories on scaling and proven ability to work beyond plot level on issues related to the enabling environment for large-scale adoption.
- Solid understanding of agricultural development theories and processes in Latin America.
- Computer literate, in Word, Excel and Power Point and able to set up and manage an (online) inventory.
- Excellent moderation and facilitation skills.
- Knowledge and demonstrated ability to work in different cultural contexts.
- Excellent English and Spanish writing skills.
- Advanced level in English language (English test will be administered; candidate must score a minimum of C1 as per CEFR).
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Time Management, Pro-Activity, Communication, Teamwork and Multicultural Awareness.
- The candidate must exhibit sense of urgency and commitment to his responsibilities and deadlines.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development. In addition to the provisions of the Mexican Labor Law our package of benefits includes year-end bonus (40 days), vacation premium (56%), life and medical insurance, supermarket coupons, savings fund, social Mexican benefits (IMSS, SAR / Infonavit).
Candidates must apply online to M18191 Scaling Coordinator. Screening and follow up will begin on Wednesday, July 11, 2018. For more information on the recruitment process, please contact Karen Luna (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.