The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Projects Administrator to work in the Sustainable Intensification Program (SIP).
The position is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico, located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico.
- Support the Project Leader, Project Manager and other colleagues, asking Concept Notes and Subversion Project Proposals for fundraising in the priority areas of the research program for development in the developing world.
- Assist the Project Leader and Project Manager in gathering and analyzing information related to the project, the monitoring of plans of scientific work, delivering major milestones and outcomes and other obligations of program information CIMMYT projects listed in the Association Agreement with the Consortium office and all sub-contracts under the relevant program.
- Assist effective implementation of project management for the program team, implementing various projects.
- Attend scientific programs related to the project.
- Analyze project resources, and create a specific strategic plan for project to develop human capital.
- Attend the implementation of effective communication strategies to raise awareness of the achievements in the projects of CIMMYT and its partners.
- Assist in the review of the technical / financial reports CIMMYT projects as and when required.
- Obtain information from relevant databases, paper files and / or web to resolve queries project / partners / shareholders.
- Perform an analysis of program information related to the project, when requested.
- Contribute to the visibility of CIMMYT’s research, partnerships and impacts.
- Generate dashboard for the advance of the projects and sub-agreements.
- Keep track of and archive project related MOU’s, NDA’s, and Framework Agreements.
- Control documentation and archive files in a logical and methodological system.
- Any other duties as requested by supervisor.
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, International Development or similar areas.
- Minimum 4 years of experience performing similar roles or activity.
- Excellent understanding of project design methods and tools. Ability to articulate technical metrics into practical operations, with strong conceptual and research/analytical skills.
- Experience managing the creation, operation, payment and closure of legal instruments.
- Experience with “technical-economic” evaluation for projects.
- Demonstrated ability in data collection, data management and analysis.
- User advanced level of usage in MS Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word).
- Advanced level in English language (English test will be administered; candidate must score a minimum of C1 as per CEFR).
- The candidate must exhibit sense of urgency and commitment to his responsibilities and deadlines.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Teamwork, Time Management, Achievement Orientation, Pro-Activity, Customer Orientation and Problem-solving.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development. In addition to the provisions of the Mexican Labor Law our package of benefits includes year-end bonus (40 days), vacation premium (56%), life and medical insurance, supermarket coupons, savings fund, social Mexican benefits (IMSS, SAR / Infonavit).
Candidates must apply online to M17209 Projects Administrator. Screening and follow up will begin on Tuesday, 3 October 2017. For more information on the recruitment process, please contact Ricardo Pérez (email@example.com).
Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.