The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Projects Administrator to work in the Sustainable Intensification Program (SIP).
The position is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico, located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico.
- Support in formulating concept notes and project grant proposals for fundraising on prioritized areas of SIP’s research for development in the developing world.
- Assist in collation and analysis of project-related information, monitoring the overall scientific work plans (maintaining a global view), delivering key milestones and outputs, and other reporting obligations of CIMMYT’s programs, projects, and all sub-contracts.
- Follow up on operating documents as necessary.
- Assist on project related MOU’s, NDA’s, and Framework Agreements.
- Support activities related to planning and design, execution, monitoring/controlling and closing of projects and collaborations agreements as required.
- Provide administrative guidance to involved staff to ensure compliance with donor requirements.
- Support implementation of effective communications strategies for raising awareness of CIMMYT’s and partner´s project activities and achievements.
- Assist in the review and analysis of the project’s financial/technical reports to ensure these comply with donor requirements as required.
- Assist in the evaluation (financial/technical) of projects and collaborations to ensure the best conditions for CIMMYT as required.
- Undertake analysis of program related project and collaborations agreements information as requested.
- Contribute to the visibility of CIMMYT’s research, partnerships, and impacts.
- Control documentation and archive files in a logical and methodological system.
- Keep track of and archive project related MOU’s, NDA’s, and Framework Agreements.
- Any other duties as requested by supervisor.
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, International Development or similar areas.
- Minimum 2 years of experience performing similar roles or activity.
- Excellent understanding of project design methods and tools. Ability to articulate technical metrics into practical operations, with strong conceptual and research/analytical skills.
- Experience managing the creation, operation, payment and closure of legal instruments.
- Experience with “technical-economic” evaluation for projects.
- Demonstrated ability in data collection, data management and analysis.
- User advanced level of usage in MS Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word).
- Advanced level in English language (English test will be administered; candidate must score a minimum of C1 as per CEFR).
- The candidate must exhibit sense of urgency and commitment to his responsibilities and deadlines.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Teamwork, Time Management, Achievement Orientation, Pro-Activity, Customer Orientation and Problem-solving.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development. In addition to the provisions of the Mexican Labor Law our package of benefits includes year-end bonus (40 days), vacation premium (56%), life and medical insurance, supermarket coupons, savings fund, social Mexican benefits (IMSS, SAR / Infonavit).
Candidates must apply online to M17189 Projects Administrator. Screening and follow up will begin on Monday, 7 August 2017. For more information on the recruitment process, please contact Ricardo Pérez (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.