The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Project Manager to work in the Sustainable Intensification Program (SIP).
The position is based at CIMMYT’s Headquarters in Texcoco, State of Mexico, located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico.
- Supervise and verify that areas under scope of responsibility conduct their activities timely and correctly, in compliance with CIMMYT procedures.
- Perform all project management activities related to planning and design, execution, monitoring/controlling and closing of projects as required.
- Monitor and report on a bird´s-eye view perspective on utilization of budget and commitments to facilitate informed decision making of the project leader.
- Define strategic planning, procedures, execution, monitoring, control and closing stages of the project.
- Set and monitor appropriate and measurable performance indicators and targets for different stakeholders.
- Ensure effective deployment of internal and external resources.
- Monitor and evaluate human and financial aspects of performance and facilitate performance management and appraisals.
- Integrate the project reporting, monitoring and evaluation needs into the existing institutional processes and functions.
- Compile and submit reports on new proposals and technical reports for review in collaboration with team members.
- Provide administrative and financial follow up of the project and its progress.
- Coordinate activities and deliverables by scheduling work assignments, setting priorities, and directing the work of project coordination unit.
- Review and reconcile financial and technical reports.
- Ensure effective reporting to donors: new proposals, technical and financial reports.
- Execute subcontracts ensuring full compliance to established policy and process.
- Close out projects including knowledge capture and lessons learned.
- Organize project workshops and follow-up on decisions related to Project.
- Ensure institutional integration through Program Director and Knowledge Manager.
- Guarantee optimal stakeholder management.
- Oversee the procurement and management of assets, inventory and other resources. Perform additional functions as be assigned by the line manager.
- Perform other duties directed by supervisor.
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration; Public Administration or BBA in Project Management or similar fields.
- Minimum 8 years progressive experience in a corporate & non-profit environment.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in project management and budget management.
- ERP experience and knowledge of Project Management Software (e.g., MS Project); PMP Certification (or similar).
- Experience in proposal development.
- Familiarity with SharePoint development.
- Proficiency in English, with excellent written / oral communication, presentation, and negotiation skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office suite and advanced internet skills.
- Advanced level of usage in MS Office Suite.
- Proficient in English language (English test will be administered; candidate must score a minimum of C1 as per CEFR).
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Communication, Conflict Resolution, Relationship Management, Strategic Thinking and Innovation and Creativity.
- In addition, the selected candidate must exhibit the following managerial competencies: Change Management, Collaboration, Project Management and Collaboration with External Stakeholders.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development. In addition to the provisions of the Mexican Labor Law our package of benefits includes year-end bonus (40 days), vacation premium (56%), life and medical insurance, supermarket coupons, savings fund, social Mexican benefits (IMSS, SAR / Infonavit).
Candidates must apply online to M16261 Project Manager. For more information on the recruitment process, please contact Ricardo Pérez (email@example.com).
Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.