The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional to support Project Leader to facilitate informed decision-making and effective project management for the position of Project Manager to work in the Global Wheat Program.
The position will be based at CIMMYT – Iran Office in Karaj 40 Km west of Tehran, Iran.
- Develop new proposals and technical reports in collaboration with project team members; also submit them for review and comments.
- Conduct financial analysis of the costs and benefits.
- Develop project budget in close collaboration with project leader and program administrator.
- Conduct stakeholder analysis (as needed), including users, and recruit support personnel for the project.
- Draft project charter including costs, tasks, deliverables, and schedule.
- Organize Project workshops and follow-up on decisions related to project.
- Conduct quality assurance of project deliverables.
- Distribute information to project team.
- Manage stakeholder expectations.
- Ensure effective reporting to donors: New proposals, technical and financial reports.
- Archive all project information into CIMMYT’s Research Management Systems.
- Measure and monitor the ongoing project activities.
- Monitor the project variables (cost, effort, scope, etc.) against the project management plan and the project performance baseline.
- Summarize and follow up on reports that come in from project members; prepare technical reports.
- Identify corrective actions to address issues and risks properly.
- Manage change control in the project: Influence the factors that could circumvent integrated change control so only approved changes are implemented.
- Conduct knowledge capture and document lessons learned.
- Perform contract closure.
- Monitor and evaluate human and financial aspects of performance on the project.
- Monitor and report on utilization of budget and commitments accurately and in a timely manner to facilitate informed decision-making. This includes: ensure appropriate project budget upload and revision, based on work-plan; extract project budget on a monthly basis and provide feedback to project leader; review transactions and detect problems, and obtain Project Leader’s review and endorsement for capital purchases.
- Monitor and evaluate contributions by team members to facilitate performance management and appraisals.
- Ensure effective deployment of staff and other resources, including requesting staff time allocation from Program Directors.
- Set and achieve measurable goals and performance indicators for all staff. Contribute to staff evaluations.
- Review reports prepared by accounting and reconcile.
- Execute subcontracts ensuring full compliance to established policy and process.
- Ensure institutional integration through Program Director and Knowledge Manager (and others as necessary).
- Oversee the procurement and management of assets, inventory and other resources.
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- Master’s Degree in Business or Public Administration or related fields.
- At least 5 years of experience in Project Management.
- Leadership skills and prior experience managing staff.
- Experience in proposal development.
- Excellent computer skills including MS Office software and an ERP. Familiarity with Microsoft SharePoint highly desirable.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in local and English language.
- High level of cultural awareness and sensitivity including ability to work in a multicultural setting.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Conflict Resolution, Communication, Strategic Thinking, Time Management, Relationship Management, Service Orientation, pro-activity and Teamwork. Leadership Competencies: Relationship with External Stakeholders, Donors, People and Projects’ Scientists and Leader.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development.
Candidates must apply online to IR17113 Project Manager. Screening and follow up will begin on November 5, 2017. For further information on the selection process, please contact Dr. M. R. Jalal Kamali (email@example.com).
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.