The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit research and training organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
We are seeking an innovative, self-motivated, and results-oriented Project Manager to support the implementation of the “Feed the Future Nepal Seed and Fertilizer” project (NSAF) to improve the livelihoods of poor farmers in Nepal. You will work as a member of CIMMYT’s Socio-Economics Program and with local and international partners. The position will be based at CIMMYT’s Nepal Office in Kathmandu and will involve occasional travel to project areas.
The position is based in Kathmandu, Nepal.
- Support day to day implementation of the project in terms of coordination with PL, team members, partners and stakeholders.
- Support in preparation of background documents for the project leader (PL) to liaise with CIMMYT headquarters: SEP and other programs involved in projects, HR, finance department and PMU.
- Assist in preparation of technical reports, annual work plan and budgets in collaboration with the PL and team members.
- Manage the projects’ work plans in CIMMYTs Project Management System (RMS) and ensure timely updating of tasks in RMS by team members.
- Facilitate preparation, revision and review of subgrant agreements; support grantees in adhering to the terms of the agreements; follow up on technical and financial progress in collaboration with the PL.
- Assist in appropriate project budget upload and budget revision based on project work plans.
- Facilitate to track project expenditures and extract project budget on a monthly basis and provide feedback to the PL; review transactions for appropriate charging, identify issues and problems and ensure that these are rectified.
- Support realignment of budgets in collaboration with the PL, the donor and HQ when needed.
- Take lead to organize events; exposure visits, meetings and seminars.
- Support to organize staff and consultant travel and logistics; organize project evaluations; audits and in liaising with national and international partners and agencies.
- Facilitate procurements for the project and manage project assets and inventory.
- Support to conduct any other activities as per the requirement of the project.
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- Master degree in business administration, project management, public administration.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience of working in large scale development projects with international agencies in Nepal especially related to the private sector development, market promotion etc in agriculture. Experience with the CGIAR or USAID funded projects in Nepal will be an asset.
- Demonstrated success in supporting administration, management and implementation of large scale agriculture development projects with multiple stakeholders.
- Excellent software knowledge, use and handling skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Nepali.
- A high degree of personal organization and the ability to multi-task and work under pressure and strict deadlines.
- Competencies: Multicultural Awareness and Sensitivity, Communication, Time Management, Relationship with External Stakeholders, Collaboration
The position is for an initial fixed-term for three (3) years, after which further employment is subject to performance and the continued availability of funds. This is a locally recruited position and will be subject to CIMMYTs local recruitment rules and policies.
Candidates must send their CV and cover letter to CIMMYT-NRSrecruitsouthasia@cgiar.org no later than Wednesday, 22nd March 2017.
Please include position and reference number N17111 in the subject of your email. Incomplete applications (without CV and cover letter) will not be taken into consideration.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.