The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Project Finance Management Unit Supervisor to work in Finance Section of CIMMYT.
The position is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico, located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico.
- Supervise the project finance officers responsible for project budget review and upload and financial donor reporting.
- Quality control and authorization of proposal budget reviews and financial donor reports before submission to Project Management Unit (PMU) to ensure: Consistency with donor agreement; application of full costing concept and reconciliation with Financial system.
- Manage core processes under responsibility of Program Finance Support Unit as:
- Upload of project budgets strictly based on signed donor agreements.
- Upload of grant proposals in Financial system in accordance with Pipeline Procedure.
- Timely submission of accurate Financial Donor Reports to PMU.
- Assist to ensure that accurate budget monitoring reports are available through the RMS for all grant funded project codes.
- Ensure timely closure in financial systems after acceptance by donor of final financial report and clearance of grant related balances.
- Perform top down budget versus actual review for grant funded project, highlight issues and suggest actions to Program Support Finance Manager.
- Attend monthly meetings with program finance managers to discuss requirements new grants, issues and corrective actions for ongoing grants and closure of projects.
- Participate in close cooperation with Program Support Finance Manager in the development of a budgeting template and design and implementation of a checklist for preparation and review of Donor budgets and financial reports.
- Review rationale and supporting documentation for reallocations of expenditure between projects and post in the financial system.
- Day to day coordination of grant audits.
- Perform related duties as requested by the supervisor.
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting; Master’s Degree in Accounting or Finance would be considered an advantage.
- At least 5 years of experience in a financial role with increasing levels of responsibility in a medium sized to large grant funded organization.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in grant or project financial management.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a supervisory position.
- User expert level in the usage of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.).
- Knowledge and experience managing Financial Systems, ERP’s, databases, data extraction methods, report presentations and analytical skills. Experience in the usage of MS Dynamics is desirable.
- Advanced level of English. English will be tested and candidate should score a minimum of C1 on CEFR.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Communication, Achievement Orientation, Problem-Solving, Teamwork and Proactivity.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development. In addition to the provisions of the Mexican Labor Law our package of benefits includes year-end bonus (40 days), vacation premium (56%), life and medical insurance, supermarket coupons, savings fund, social Mexican benefits (IMSS, SAR / Infonavit).
Candidates must apply online to M17139 Project Finance Management Unit Supervisor. Screening and follow up will begin on Friday, 31 March 2017. For further information on the selection process, please contact Ricardo Pérez (firstname.lastname@example.org) or (55)58042004 ext.2062
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.