The Borlaug Institute for South Asia (BISA) is a non-profit international research institute dedicated to food, nutrition and livelihood security as well as environmental rehabilitation in South Asia, which is home to more than 300 million undernourished people. BISA is a collaborative effort involving CIMMYT and the Indian Council for Agricultural Research (ICAR). Please refer to this website for more information: http://bisa.org/
We are seeking dynamic, innovative, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Project Assistant depending on the experience and qualifications of the successful candidate, to work within the Borlaug Institute for South Asia (BISA).
The position will be based at Borlaug Institute for South Asia (BISA), Ludhiana.
- Handle project administrative tasks and support in project management.
- Support in management of project data repository, reporting and communications.
- Maintain and update project based documents in close consultation with project staff for timely reporting
- Support in financial management and reporting.
- Support in organizing capacity building events and documenting the same under the project.
- Perform any other task assigned by the supervisor.
We are seeking candidates with the following academic qualifications, experience, skills and attitudes:
- At least Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized university with minimum 3 years’ experience.
- Specialization in information technology (IT) will be preferred.
- Experience in working and supporting projects in national/international institutes.
- Experience in managing agricultural data repository/management
- Basic knowledge on conservation agriculture/sustainable Intensification/farm mechanization
- Proficiency in English and Punjabi language
- Ability to work in multi- cultural environments and in multi-disciplinary teams.
- Willingness to travel for project work.
The position is for an initial fixed-term contract of 1 year, after which further employment is subject to performance and the continued availability of funds. BISA offers an attractive remuneration package, with a range of benefits including health insurance.
Email cover letter and CV no later than Thursday, 30 March, 2017 to Human Resources, CIMMYT/BISA.
(Email: email@example.com / Please insert Position Reference number: IN17113 in the subject of your email)
This position will remain open until filled. Women are encouraged to apply.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. CIMMYT/BISA is an equal opportunity employer.
It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity.