The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Program Finance Manager to work in the Financial Planning Unit – Finance Section under the Corporate Service Program (CSP) of CIMMYT.
The position is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico, located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico.
- Provide support and supervision in all financial issues of Support Services and Institutional units.
- Provide information to the Budget Manager in order to analyze on monthly basis to address any discrepancies, problems, unacceptable variances or trends.
- Keep unit heads advised of potential financial and administrative problems and recommends/implement agreed solutions; assist and provide support to unit heads in all financial areas.
- Manage staff cost and all allocations in HQ and Regional offices regarding different units, review the accounts on monthly basis (transitions list).
- Provide assistance in determining the chargeback cost/rate of self-sustaining units of CSP, Institutional Chargebacks and keep updated the costing manual.
- Support annual operating budgets for each unit, featuring suggested allocation of resources.
- Management of restricted grants under the Research and Partnership Program (RPP).
- Recommend improvements in internal financial and administrative controls to ensure compliance with CIMMYT policies and procedures.
- Develop and maintain appropriate working relationship between own program’s personnel and other units’ staff.
- National and international banks administration and corporate credit card manage.
- Ensure the month end closing activities regarding to chargebacks deadlines are met.
- Ensure an efficient and effective communication with the Internal Audit Unit (IAU) on the follow up of all audit issues.
- Perform related duties as required by direct supervisor.
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related fields.
- At least 5 years of experience in a financial role with increasing levels of responsibility.
- User expert level in the usage of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.).
- Knowledge and experience managing Financial Systems, ERP’s, databases, data extraction methods, report presentations and analytical skills. Experience in the usage of MS Dynamics is desirable.
- Advanced level of English. English will be tested and candidate should score a minimum of B2 on CEFR.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Communication, Achievement Orientation, Decision Making, Problem-Solving, Customer Orientation, Teamwork and Flexibility/Adaptability.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development. In addition to the provisions of the Mexican Labor Law our package of benefits includes year-end bonus (40 days), vacation premium (56%), life and medical insurance, supermarket coupons, savings fund, social Mexican benefits (IMSS, SAR / Infonavit).
Candidates must apply online to M17129 Program Finance Manager. Screening and follow up will begin on Monday, 20 March 2017. For further information on the selection process, please contact Ricardo Pérez (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.