The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit research and training organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
We are seeking an experienced and result-oriented professional for the position of Post-Doctoral Fellow in Wheat Physiology and Genetic Analysis to work in the Global Wheat Program (GWP).
The position is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico, located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico.
- Analyze genetic and phenotypic data to understand the genetic and physiological basis of complex traits.
- Conduct field based studies in spring wheat to collect high quality phenotypic data for different projects.
- Participate in pre-breeding activities under yield potential, drought, and heat stress conditions.
- Publish in high impact peer-reviewed journals.
- Collaborate and work with a team of scientists on wheat physiology, pre-breeding, and remote sensing.
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- PhD in plant genetics, breeding, quantitative genetics, or crop physiology.
- Experience with plant phenotyping, preferably in the field.
- Knowledge of genetic data and statistical analysis (experimental design, linkage disequilibrium, mixed models, association studies, bi-parental and multi-parental mapping, genomic selection).
- Software knowledge: R/Python, TASSEL, QTL cartographer, RQTL, GAPIT, SPAGeDi, Arlequin.
- Excellent skills in verbal and written English.
- Publications in peer-reviewed international journals.
- Experience in working in a multicultural settings fostering team environment.
- This position requires travel to CIMMYT’s research stations in Mexico and limited international travel may be required.
- The selected candidate should exhibit the following competencies: Communication, Teamwork, Time Management and Pro-activity.
The position is for an initial fixed-term for two (2) years, after which further employment is subject to performance and the continued availability of funds. CIMMYT’s internationally competitive salary and benefits include housing allowance, car, comprehensive health and life insurance, assistance for children’s education, paid vacation, annual airfare, contribution to a retirement plan, and generous assistance with relocation shipment.
Candidates must apply online for IRS18129 PDF in Wheat Physiology and Genetic Analysis. Screening and follow up will begin on Monday, 9 July 2018. Applications must include a CV and a letter of interest. Incomplete applications will not be taken into consideration. For further information on the selection process, please contact Ricardo Perez, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.