The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Operation Manager of Business Services to work in the Corporate Services Program (CSP).
The position is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico, located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico.
- Coordinate the development and consolidation of initiatives/ objectives into effective yearly work plan.
- Follow up on and assist the implementation of work plan of the units and Regional Offices and ensure reporting is made in the FEESO tool
- Monitor KPI and dash board information for all the units of the Business services Department as well as for the Regional Offices and make variance analysis. Prepare any report or action plan that might be necessary.
- Develop new proposals and technical reports in collaboration with project team members.
- Coordinate activities with Internal Audit Unit to plan and complete in appropriate and efficient manner the engagements when there are areas under Business Services Unit that are included in the Internal Audit Work Plan.
- Coordinate activities with areas under Business Services Unit to gather the information and report back to Internal Audit Unit the progress and level of implementation of audit recommendations to ensure that all issues are addressed in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Ensure internal audit issues are addressed appropriately and assist units and Regional Offices in the implementation of corrective measures to comply with recommendations
- Monitor all relevant aspects of the Centre wide Risk Management Framework to ensure that it is working as intended. Report any issues to the Director of Business Services
- Maintain and update (when needed) the institutional Risk Registry and monitor that related mitigation actions are in place.
- Prepare documents and reports in preparation of the Risk Management Committee, Management Committee and Board meetings.
- Provide support, education and training to CIMMYT staff when require (on boarding of new staff
- Coordinate the activity of the staff in the Business Services Unit and keep the Director of Business Services constantly informed and updated on any issue that requires his attention or direct involvement.
- Assist the Head of Department related to the Directorate of Business Services with all administrative tasks and contribute actively to all major initiatives
- Assist the Head of Departments of Business Services with financial analysis, budget follow up, analysis of cross-charging systems, process improvement and activity reports. Flag any issues that may compromise the achievement of the yearly work plan.
- Coordinate the Business Services Monthly meeting and prepare minutes of meeting
- Attend all meetings of the Director and provide support to ensure follow up of actions decided.
- Prepare presentations, analysis and reports in preparation for the Board meetings, the MC meeting, FEESO meetings and Business Services meetings.
- Review all administrative requests for approval of the Director of Business Services before signature.
- Participate in the preparation of the budget of all Business Services units and assume the leadership for the Director of Business Services ICC
- Support/advise the Director of Business Services in managerial decisions regarding: Staffing, Budget, CAPEX, Organization, procedures and reporting and monitor the financial information to follow the full cost recovery of units of Business Services
- Assist the Director of Business Services in all Human resource management related topics such as: recruitment, renewal contracts and induction of new Business Services staff members, participate in all HR related decisions in the Business Services Units and assist the Director in any troubleshooting related.
- Record, monitor and expedite all administrative requests made by units of the Business Services Department to other support departments of CIMMYT
- Support Director of Business Services in the design and rollout of any “Ad-Hoc” initiative that is required (or requested) to Business Services Unit.
- Maintain close contact with CCR and CSP focal points in the Regional Offices
- Keep a close contact with Finance, HR and Legal on all issues related to the Regional Offices. Ensure collaboration of the HQ units for the implementation of the Regional work plan.
- Manage all information related to the activity of the Regional Offices (CCMC report, RO FEESO report, travel reports, etc.). Work with Knowledge Management Unit to ensure an adequate exchange of information on Inside CIMMYT.
- Support the Director of Business Services in the implementation of the Regional Office Framework.
- Work on the standardization of TOR of positions and organization chart of the Corporate Services in the Regional Offices.
- Assist the Director of Business Services with any troubleshooting in the Regional Offices.
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration (Master is preferred), Public Administration, Project Management or similar field.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in a similar role with a preferred knowledge of internal audit, finance, administration
- Regularly requires a combination of mental abilities such as probing, analysis, careful judgment, flexible and original thinking, and creativity.
- Advanced level in English language (English test will be administered; candidate must score a minimum of C1 as per CEFR).
- User advanced level of usage in MS Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word).
- Experience in create multi-disciplinary projects and initiatives
- Work is randomly checked and is subject to general supervision through reports, project meetings etc.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Teamwork, Time Management, Achievement Orientation, Pro-Activity, Communication, Innovation and Problem-solving.
- The candidate must exhibit sense of urgency and commitment to his responsibilities and deadlines.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development. In addition to the provisions of the Mexican Labor Law our package of benefits includes year-end bonus (40 days), vacation premium (56%), life and medical insurance, supermarket coupons, savings fund, social Mexican benefits (IMSS, SAR / Infonavit).
Candidates must apply online to M18125 Operation Manager of Business Services. Screening and follow up will begin on Monday, 12 March 2018. For more information on the recruitment process, please contact Ricardo Pérez (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.