The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Legal Analyst to work in the Legal Unit of CIMMYT.
The position is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico, located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico.
- Handle legal matters relating to contracts and agreements involving CIMMYT’s activities, including drafting, review, negotiation, assessment, follow up, management and filing, of contracts and interaction with national and international entities from the private and public sectors.
- Research and analyze legislation, regulations and procedures from a variety of legal areas and jurisdictions.
- Support the development of legal and commercial strategies concerning implementation of institutional activities.
- Prepare educational materials related to institutional policies and procedures for staff and external stakeholders, and keep informed on changes to these policies and procedures at the national and international levels.
- Suggest improvements to optimize processes for various activities and services offered.
- Provide other support as required and perform other duties as directed by supervisor.
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Law; Master’s Degree in Law related area is highly desirable.
- At least 5 years’ proven experience in corporate law, commercial/contract law either in a company or legal firm and knowledge of Intellectual Property registration and licensing.
- Additional experience or knowledge in areas related to agriculture research and development in the private and/or public sectors is an advantage.
- Excellent organizational, writing and communication skills, including the ability to communicate legal concepts in a simple manner to lay (non-legal) stakeholders.
- User advanced level in the usage of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.).
- Proficiency in English and Spanish. English will be tested and candidate should score a minimum of C1on CEFR.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Time Management, Flexibility/Adaptability, Customer Orientation, Proactivity, Teamwork, Achievement Orientation, Problem-Solving and Multi-Cultural Awareness/Sensitivity.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development. In addition to the provisions of the Mexican Labor Law our package of benefits includes year-end bonus (40 days), vacation premium (56%), life and medical insurance, supermarket coupons, savings fund, social Mexican benefits (IMSS, SAR / Infonavit).
Candidates must apply online to M17157 Legal Analyst. Screening and follow up will begin on Monday, 10 July 2017. For further information on the selection process, please contact Ricardo Pérez (email@example.com).
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.