The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Knowledge Assets Administrator to work in the Research and Partnerships Program (RPP).
The position is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico, located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico.
- Develop and maintain printed and digital collections with emphasis on collection, storage, retrieval and eventual re-purpose for assets across the organization.
- Assessment and classification of digital and traditional resources such as publications, videos, photographs and other formats.
- Strong and in-depth knowledge in creating and maintaining taxonomies, metadata and controlled vocabularies.
- Professional management of digital identifiers such as Handle and ORCID.
- Knowledge of the OAI-PMH, REST-API, RSS and SOLR protocol as well as other open standards related to harvesting and retrieving information across platforms.
- Knowledge of digital repositories and metadata standards, such as Dublin Core and OpenAIRE.
- Elaborate analytics and statistical reports of the services provided by the Unit.
- Provide document delivery service to scientists, national, regional and international partners.
- Proactive awareness to the Unit’s management based on the continuous monitoring and analysis of state-of-the-art organizations’ Knowledge Management platforms, systems and workflows.
- Provide assessment to the Unit’s management about the optimal way to deal with Open Access/Restricted Access multimedia publications and datasets, including licensing and role-based access.
- Within a performance management framework, ensure delivery of required outcomes/outputs, with an emphasis on continuous improvement in a service delivery environment.
- Strong IT skills and familiarity with the use and maintenance of commonly used systems and other information resources.
- Contribute to the productive and harmonious functioning of the Knowledge Management team, both on individual projects and in collaboration with others.
- Manual handling and movement of a wide range of objects and equipment including but not limited to publish and archival collections as required.
- Other duties related to the position as requested by the supervisor.
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Management, Computer Science and/or Informatics
- Minimum 4 years of performing similar roles.
- Ability to analyze complex data, carry out and explain computations or to resolve complex problems.
- Intermediate level in English language (English test will be administered; candidate must score a minimum of B1 as per CEFR).
- User advanced level of usage in MS Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word).
- Intensive knowledge on Database Schemas, Structures and Technologies.
- Excellent data and information collection skills.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Achievement orientation, Teamwork, Innovation and creativity, Multi-cultural Awareness / Sensitivity, Pro-Activity, Communication, Customer orientation and Problem-solving.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development. In addition to the provisions of the Mexican Labor Law our package of benefits includes year-end bonus (40 days), vacation premium (56%), life and medical insurance, supermarket coupons, savings fund, social Mexican benefits (IMSS, SAR / Infonavit).
Candidates must apply online to M18175 Knowledge Assets Administrator. Screening and follow up will begin on Tuesday, May 29, 2018. For more information on the recruitment process, please contact Karen Luna (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.