The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Insurance and Business Continuity Plan (BCP) Analyst to work in the Corporate Services Program (CSP).
The position is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico, located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico.
- Keep updated the Business Continuity Plan.
- Undertake Business Impact Analysis for all areas to gather and analyze the key requirements from business areas and help ensure they feed into the workplace recovery plans. Help identify any gaps that may exist in critical information gathered and recorded
- Performs day-to-day activities required to lead the BIA process, to include determining and documenting the criticality of business processes.
- Provide support, education and training to staff on the BCP.
- Update the BCP records.
- Assist with ongoing incident management preparation and active participation if an event occurs.
- Provide support to all business continuity recovery testing and collate results and actions.
- Assist in the handling of all the global insurance portfolio.
- Process insurance payments.
- Provide support in the annual bidding process to renew the policies.
- Assist in logging incoming claims, filing them, assisting in payments and billing and maintaining other claims processing procedures.
- Prepare and review insurance-claim forms and related documents for completeness.
- Support the administration of the corporate insurance plan.
- Reviews claims for eligibility and requests additional information, where necessary, for completion of claim process.
- Handles mostly routine non-complex claims, but may handle litigated and moderately complex claims with limited settlement authority.
- Support the head of the unit in analyzing the new of new corporate insurances across all the countries where the center operates.
- Respond the emergency phone number.
- Perform any administrative tasks related to the insurance program.
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- Bacherlor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Economics or related field.
- Minimum 3 years of experience- requires in depth and/or breadth of expertise in the insurance program and BCP.
- Intermediate level in English language (English test will be administered; candidate must score a minimum of B2 as per CEFR).
- User intermediate level of usage in MS Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word).
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Teamwork, Time Management, Achievement Orientation, Pro-Activity, Communication, Multi-cultural Awareness and Problem-solving.
- The candidate must exhibit sense of urgency and commitment to his responsibilities and deadlines.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development. In addition to the provisions of the Mexican Labor Law our package of benefits includes year-end bonus (40 days), vacation premium (56%), life and medical insurance, supermarket coupons, savings fund, social Mexican benefits (IMSS, SAR / Infonavit).
Candidates must apply online to M18162 Insurance and BCP Analyst. Screening and follow up will begin on Monday, May 14 2018.For more information on the recruitment process, please contact Karen Luna (email@example.com).
Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.