The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
We are seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Information System Coordinator in the Sustainable Intensification Program (SIP).
The position is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico, located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico.
- Carry out the planning, installation and maintenance of software and hardware, control current versions and future releases of applications software, and document the physical configuration of an information system.
- Evaluate user needs and system functionality and ensure that Agricultural Management Information Systems meet these needs.
- Ensure that backup systems work effectively.
- Coordinate teamwork with technicians, programmers and database administrators.
- Coordinate and supervise the appropriate technical assistance and advice for users.
- Coordinate and supervise the training of users.
- Optimize the functionality of networks and systems; and diagnose and recover failed systems.
- Plan and schedule the installation of new or modified hardware and operating systems and applications software.
- Manage accounts, network rights, and access to systems and equipment.
- Manage systems resources including performance, capacity, availability, serviceability, and recoverability.
- Implement security procedures and tools.
- Develop and documenting systems administration standard operating procedures.
- Resolve hardware/software interface and interoperability problems.
- Ensure systems availability, functionality, integrity, and efficiency.
- Maintain systems configuration.
- Manage the installation and integration of systems fixes, updates, and enhancements.
- Ensure the rigorous application of information security/ information assurance policies, principles, and practices in the delivery of systems administration services.
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Systems Engineering or Computer Sciences
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant professional experience.
- Advanced level in English language (English test will be administered; candidate must score a minimum of C1 as per CEFR).
- Excellent computer skills, including in MS Office software, database or research applications, Windows Operating System, LAN, and Internet
- Ability to analyze complex data, carry out and explain computations or to resolve complex problems
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Achievement Orientation, Problem Solving, Multi-Cultural Awareness/Sensitivity, Communication, Pro-activity, Teamwork and Time Management.
- The candidate must exhibit sense of urgency and commitment to his responsibilities and deadlines.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development. In addition to the provisions of the Mexican Labor Law our package of benefits includes year-end bonus (40 days), vacation premium (56%), life and medical insurance, supermarket coupons, savings fund, social Mexican benefits (IMSS, SAR / Infonavit).
Candidates must apply online to M18168 Information System Coordinator. Screening and follow up will begin on Tuesday, May 22 2018. For more information on the recruitment process, please contact Karen Luna (email@example.com).
Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.