The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Grant Management Assistant to work in the Project Management Unit (PMU) of CIMMYT.
The position is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico, located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico.
- Coordinate grant management steps from concept notes/proposals to closures, in collaboration with Programs, Finance, Legal and HR.
- Provide quality control of concept notes, proposals, contracts, invoices, and financial and technical reports to ensure donor requirements are met.
- Investigate outstanding payments from donors.
- Ensure high quality and transparent communication with donors.
- Manage grant information and records, documentation and archiving.
- Contribute to improvements of the functioning of PMU.
- Foster relationship with Programs, Finance, Legal and HR.
- Represent PMU during internal meetings.
- Perform other related tasks within the job level as may be requested by the immediate supervisor.
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- The selected candidate must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, International Relations, Public Administration, Project Management or related fields.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in similar role or activities.
- The selected candidate should exhibit the following competencies: Project Management, Problem-solving, Proactivity, Stakeholder orientation, Relationship management, Time management, Teamwork and Communication.
- Oral and written communication skills in both English and Spanish; advanced level of English. English will be tested and candidate should score a minimum of C1 on CEFR.
- Proficiency in various office software and web 2.0 technologies.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development. In addition to the provisions of the Mexican Labor Law our package of benefits includes year-end bonus (40 days), vacation premium (56%), life insurance and medical insurance, supermarket coupons, savings fund, social Mexican benefits (IMSS, SAR/Infonavit).
Candidates must apply online to M17262 Grant Management Assistant. Application must include clearly indication of how you meet each of the education, experience and competencies criteria for this position in the cover letters. Incomplete applications (CV and Cover Letter) will not be taken into consideration. Screening and follow up will begin on Friday, 5 January 2018. For further information on the selection process, please contact Ricardo Pérez (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.