The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking an innovative, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Global Training Manager to work in the Human Resources Unit. Reporting to the Global HR Development Manager, the Global Training Manager is a customer-focused, analytical and results-oriented professional, with cross-organizational responsibility for in-house and externally-engaged training activities, including the coordination of effective communications across CIMMYT to support these activities.
The position is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico, located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico.
Specific tasks responsibilities of this position include:
- Develop a strategic and global training approach for research/science and administrative personnel: plan and provide cohesive recommendations for Management-approval, to encompass strategic global training initiatives;
- Lead training program development for headquarter staff and global/regional teams;
- Establish and implement systems to effectively manage approved budget sums assigned for the institutional training; support coordination of technical training implemented under Program-managed budget sums;
- Select and train global training support personnel, including regional training leads;
- Review Individual Performance Review summaries in collaboration with Unit leaders; combine results with training survey data to refine training course requirements, leading to the definition of user groups and individual curriculum assignments;
- Establish goals for learning outcomes;
- Report progress against defined goals and training objectives periodically;
- Identify potential external training providers; lead the selection process, and manage training vendor relationships;
- Ensure local compliance for training plan content in collaboration with the Legal Unit;
- Active participation as stakeholder in the Learning Management System implementation and the definition and implementation of common objectives for the HQ-based CIMMYT Academy;
- Collaborate with the CIMMYT Communications to leverage training programs, systems and content to all staff (employees and consultants);
- Collaborate with the Finance, Risk and Compliance teams to provide training on topics selected to address CIMMYT identified risks;
- Manage content and coordinate participation of CIMMYT-wide resources to provide effective onboarding training and continuous improvement related to exit survey instruments;
- Develop and maximize the use of tools for use before and after training (i.e., evaluations, feedback systems and assessment/accreditation).
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- Master’s Degree in Education related studies, Organizational Development, International HR Management, Business Administration or other related field of study (Psychology, Legal, etc.).
- 10+ years of progressive HR experience in a global environment, preferably in HR development or organizational development and training.
- Ability to act as internal advisor and business partner with the authority to determine overall needs, then plan and implement effective solutions.
- Ability to use strong communication skills to articulate ideas in a way that convinces and motivates others.
- Proven experience in applying a high-level understanding of modern teaching principles, resulting in the creation of dynamic program solutions (systems and protocols), in classroom and e-learning environments.
- Proven experience in applying teaching tools or platforms (i.e., EduBrite, JoomlaLMS, Prezentt, Menti for instant feedback, etc.) to increase training efficiency and create more engaging curricula.
- Apply visual creativity in the development of engaging course content and support materials (print and/or online), using tools such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, WordPress, etc.
- Experience of the implementation and use of a Learning Management System
- High level of intercultural awareness with international experience in HR, working in different countries and having been exposed to various cultures.
- Assertiveness, proactive problem solving attitude, strong teamwork, and results orientation.
- Creativity and willingness to develop new models and approaches.
- Experience working for non-profit, international, or Non-Governmental Organizations.
- Excellent command of Spanish and English.
- Excellent computer skills including in MS Office software and an HR ERP.
- Proficiency in English. English will be tested and must score a minimum of C1 as per CEFR.
- Considered candidates should have the necessary legal documents to live and work in Mexico.
- In addition, the candidate must exhibit the following managerial competencies: Change Management, Relationship with External Stakeholders and People Management.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development. In addition to the provisions of the Mexican Labor Law our package of benefits includes year-end bonus (40 days), vacation premium (56%), life and medical insurance, supermarket coupons, savings fund, social Mexican benefits (IMSS, SAR / Infonavit).
Candidates must apply online to M16289 Global Training Manager. Screening and follow up will begin on Friday, 12 May 2017. For more information on the recruitment process, please contact Ricardo Pérez (email@example.com).
Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.