The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking for a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented staff person for the position of Genotypic Data Curator to work in the Genetic Resources Program (GRP).
The position is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico, located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico.
- Prepare and load files related to genotypic analyses into databases and/or repositories by carrying out standardized data quality control processes and routine data transformations.
- Ensure that all files meet minimal metadata standards prior to loading into databases and/or repositories.
- Communicate with scientists, data management staff, and/or service providers about data related to genotypic analyses.
- Other duties as directed by supervisor.
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in biology, genetics, plant breeding or other related field.
- Good understanding of genetics with some exposure to modern genotyping techniques.
- Regularly requires a combination of mental abilities such as analysis, careful judgment and decision-making.
- Substantial experience with computers and a variety of software applications in an academic or research setting.
- Good ability to learn new software.
- Intermediate user level in MS Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word).
- Intermediate level of English. English will be tested and candidate should score a minimum of B2 on CEFR.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Communication, Achievement Orientation, Teamwork, Time Management, Flexibility/Adaptability, and Customer / Client Orientation.
- The candidate must exhibit sense of urgency and commitment to his responsibilities and deadlines.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development. In addition to the provisions of the Mexican Labor Law our package of benefits includes year-end bonus (40 days), vacation premium (56%), life and medical insurance, supermarket coupons, savings fund, social Mexican benefits (IMSS, SAR / Infonavit).
Candidates must apply online to M18158 Genotypic Data Curator. Screening and follow up will begin on Friday, 25 May 2018. For more information on the recruitment process, please contact Karen Luna (email@example.com).
Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.