The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the consultancy of Fleet Management Framework to work in the Business Services (BS) of CIMMYT.
BS is in the process of transiting the management of its fleet from a project based management set-up to a centralized global management model. The role of the consultant will be to lead and facilitate the transition to new operating model ensuring service delivery and proper control of assets with an aim of reducing costs in the long term. The Consultant will need to develop the central fleet management unit from the ground-up in order to realize this major operational shift in Management strategy.
The selected candidate will need to work in CIMMYT’s facilities as requested by the program and the consultancy will have an approximate duration of three (3) months. On a results based evaluation and subject to resource availability, this consultancy may be extended depending on the job needs.
- Analyze the Programs / Units needs, develop a service delivery model, and determine the size of fleet in accordance with the information gathered from various sources.
- Develop the asset set-up and functioning models.
- Make the financial simulations ensure financial viability of model.
- Develop organizational structure for Fleet Management Unit (FMU) for efficient management and service delivery.
- Implement processes and controls for proper governance.
- Establish link and implement processes in experimental stations and ROs for new model and service deliver; Ensure adequate service delivery in remote stations.
- Review the information system in the Fleet Management Software to ensure all aspect of taking into account in the follow-up and management of the fleet.
- Prepare the FMU to move under the new operating model and structure (Logistics Unit).
- Review and validate the FMU business plan and method of operation.
- Re-structure the FMU to address its new role (new organizational chart) developing specific ToRs for each team member within the unit.
- Develop KPI’s for service delivery and monitoring of the fleet performance.
- Provide financial information for preparation of budgets by Programs/ Units based on new operating model.
- Conduct a skills-gap analysis (collective and individual) to identify and effectively support the continuous improvement of processes and methods.
- Any other related duty as required by the supervisor.
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- The consultancy requires a Bachelor’s degree in Logistics, Mechanical Engineering, Business Administration or related field.
- A proven record of accomplishment with a minimum of 5 years leading the operation of large fleets of small vehicles or pickups in a corporate or non-profit environment.
- Strong Understanding of operating procedures in a large centralized fleet with a dedication to service delivery.
- Understanding of the financial aspects of fleet management.
- Knowledge of best practices on fleet management.
- User advanced level in the usage of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.).
- Proficiency in English Language. English will be tested and candidate should score a minimum of C1 on CEFR.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Strategic Thinking, Communication, Proactivity, Customer Orientation and Results Oriented.
Candidates must apply online to IRS17125 Fleet Management Framework Consultancy. Screening and follow up will begin on Wednesday, 4 October 2017. For further information on the selection process, please contact Yessica Castillo (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.