The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Financial Analyst to work in Financial Planning Unit /Finance under CSP (Corporate Services Program).
The position is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico, located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico.
- Review of proposal budgets with emphasis on Costing guidelines issued by CGIAR, policies and guidelines at institutional level and donor regulations.
- Based on information provided by PMU, timely and accurate upload of project budgets in the financial system.
- High level review of budget versus actuals and recommend ways to address any discrepancies, problems, unacceptable variances or trends.
- Agile response to queries from Project leaders and Program Financial managers on financial data reflected in the system.
- Ensure timely preparation of accurate (strictly based on numbers in financial system, correct classification by budget line) Financial Reports for submission to Donors, internal and other users in compliance with Institute standards, signed agreements and CGIAR policies.
- Validate and process cost reallocations for grant funded projects ensuring adequate supporting documentation and accurate use of categories.
- Validate all financial aspects of projects budgeting and control such as budget realignments and no cost extensions.
- Review Donor Receivable, ensure timely preparation of donor billings, and make certain that outstanding balances are legitimate and recoverable.
- Process the write off any project-related billings that cannot be billed to or collected from customers.
- Perform the reconciliation of the balance in the projects and accounts receivables module to the summary level account in the general ledger.
- Respond to donors queries regarding financial reports (through PMU).
- Close out project accounts (ICC and Account receivable) upon project completion.
- Report to Program Support Manager summarized results of financial review projects.
- Provide support to donor specific audits, internal audits and external audit as required.
- Perform related duties as required.
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Minimum 4 years of working experience in a financial.
- Knowledge of financial systems, ERP, MS office, databases, data extraction methods, report presentation and analytical skills.
- User advanced level of usage in MS Office Suite (Advanced skills in Excel).
- Advanced level in English language (English test will be administered; candidate must score a minimum of C1 as per CEFR).
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Teamwork, Time Management, Problem-Solving, Multi-Cultural Awareness.
- The candidate must exhibit sense of urgency and commitment to his responsibilities and deadlines.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development. In addition to the provisions of the Mexican Labor Law our package of benefits includes year-end bonus (40 days), vacation premium (56%), life and medical insurance, supermarket coupons, savings fund, social Mexican benefits (IMSS, SAR / Infonavit).
Candidates must apply online to M18152 Financial Analyst. Screening and follow up will begin on Tuesday, 17 April 2018. For more information on the recruitment process, please contact Ricardo Pérez (email@example.com).
Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.