The Borlaug Institute for South Asia (BISA) is a non-profit international research institute dedicated to food, nutrition and livelihood security as well as environmental rehabilitation in South Asia, which is home to more than 300 million undernourished people. BISA is a collaborative effort involving CIMMYT and the Indian Council for Agricultural Research (ICAR). Please refer to this website for more information: http://bisa.org/
We are seeking dynamic, innovative, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Finance & Administrative Assistant depending on the experience and qualifications of the successful candidate, to work within BISA’s new collaboration with WorldFish. WorldFish is an international, nonprofit research organization with headquarters in Penang, Malaysia, and offices in Asia, Africa, and the Pacific. WorldFish’s mission is to harness the potential of fisheries and aquaculture to reduce poverty and hunger in developing countries. Please refer to this website for more information: www.worldfishcenter.org
The position will be based at Cuttack (Odisha).
- Maintain and update cash book.
- Prepare financial statement/report for day-to-day expenses.
- Make payments for local purchases upon approval from the supervisor; ensure all payments are properly supported.
- Maintain complete record of all pertinent documents of the project.
- Reconciliation of the advances given to local staff members.
- Compliance of tax deductions at source of vendors.
- Maintain asset and transfer registers of moveable & fixed capital items and communicate with Delhi office and manage the asset maintenance and proper upkeep.
- Make logistic arrangements for organizing workshops, conferences and travelling seminars.
- Supervise maintenance and update of log books for CIMMYT vehicles.
- Ticket booking and other logistic arrangements.
- Manage office stationary and other inventory and maintain proper records for their receipt and usage.
- Providing Financial & Admin support to the staff at the BISA Farms.
- Maintaining financial books of accounts.
- Sending monthly reports viz.
- Liquidation Reports, BRS, Funds Request etc.
- Vendor/Utility payments.
- Reimbursement of official expenses.
- Liaisoning with bank.
- Any other duties that may be assigned by supervisor.
We are seeking candidates with the following academic qualifications, experience, skills and attitudes:
- Essential is graduate preferably with B.Com or MBA (Finance).
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in accounting or similar capacity. Knowledge of project financial management is a plus.
- Basic knowledge of English, written and spoken.
- Willingness to learn.
- Computer literacy (spreadsheets and word processing).
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, has a sense of responsibility and initiative.
- Good interpersonal skills and experience of working in a small team.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
The position is for an initial fixed-term contract of 1 year, after which further employment is subject to performance and the continued availability of funds. BISA offers an attractive remuneration package, with a range of benefits including health insurance.
Email cover letter and CV as a single document with last drawn salary, salary expectations and notice period no later than Monday, 03 July, 2017 to Human Resources, CIMMYT/BISA.
(Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / Please insert Position Reference number: IN17124 in the subject of your email)
This position will remain open until filled. Women are encouraged to apply.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. BISA is an equal opportunity employer.
It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity.