We are seeking for dynamic, and self-motivated professional with excellent organizational and people skills for the position of Field Research Technician in the Cereal Systems Initiative for South Asia (CSISA).
The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT, is a not-for-profit research and training organization with partners in over 100 countries, focused on increasing food security and reducing poverty at an international scale. Please refer to our website for more information www.cimmyt.org. For more information about CSISA, please visit http://csisa.org.
The position will be based in Odisha.
The main responsibilities of this position will be:
- Assist in implementing district level demonstrations on sustainable intensification and best bet agronomic trials under the guidance of the Agriculture Specialist.
- Assist the hub teams in creating new service providers, develop master trainers among the existing service providers (SPs), and maintain the record of service providers, field level extension workers, machine manufacturers, dealers and distributors in the delivery of new technologies.
- Assist hub teams in conducting Trainings of Trainer (ToT), technical trainings, hands-on trainings and in organizing field days, travel seminars and exposure visits.
- Assist the hub team in strengthening maize output market linkages in coordination with market intermediaries and poultry feed millers.
- Assist the hub team in collecting & completing ODK forms, growth and yield parameter in crops and socio-economic surveys in the hub domain.
- Under the guidance of the CSISA scientists, coordinate the collection of field data.
- Assist hub staff for collection of GPS points of service providers in a particular geography.
- Assist the hub team in selecting sites, supply of inputs and the maintenance of farm implements.
We are seeking candidates with the following qualification, skills and attitudes:
- 10 + 2 with (4 years of experience) or BSc-level degree (with 2 years’ experience) in agricultural sciences or aligned fields
- Knowledge in handling and maintaining farm machines and conducting field trials
- Knowledge of English as well as the local language in the posting region
- The position is for an initial fixed-term contract of 1 year, after which further employment is subject to performance and the continued availability of funds. CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package, with a range of benefits including health insurance.
Email cover letter and CV as a single document with last drawn salary, salary expectations and notice period no later than Monday, 10 July, 2017 to Human Resources, CIMMYT.
(Email: email@example.com / Please insert Position Reference number: IN17122 in the subject of your email)
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
CIMMYT is an equal-opportunity employer and strives for staff diversity in gender and nationality.