The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit research and training organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
The CIMMYT is seeking an experienced professional to work in a highly dynamic and innovative international agriculture research organization as Field Research Technician.
The position is based in Kathmandu, Nepal (Mid and Far-Western Development Regions of Nepal).
- Lead a team of community volunteers and cooperatives for research and development in sustainable agricultural intensification technologies.
- Conduct a research in integrated soil fertility management applying precision nutrient management principles to formulate site-specific fertilizer recommendations.
- Scaling research outcomes into practice to cover large farming communities of Mid-western and Far-western region of the country.
- Train and provide technical guidance to community volunteers and cooperatives.
- Prepare data recording formats in both Nepali and English versions, and synthesize data from fields.
- Coordinate with governmental, non-governmental, and private sector organizations, liaising with farming cooperatives and farmer communities ensuring project goals.
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- Bachelor’s degree in Agricultural Sciences or related fields with 1 – 2 years of field experience in cereal-based cropping systems.
- Minimum 2-year commitment is required.
- Excellent communication skills that include report writing, presentation of results, written and spoken in Nepali and English.
- Strong ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Motorbike license is compulsory.
Candidates must send their CV and cover letter to CIMMYT-NRSrecruitsouthasia@cgiar.org no later than Wednesday, 22nd March 2017.
Please include position and reference number N16639 in the subject of your email. Incomplete applications (without CV and cover letter) will not be taken into consideration.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.