The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a not-for-profit agricultural research for development organization with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org
CIMMYT is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated, and service-oriented professional for the position of Executive Driver to work in the Sustainable Intensification Program (SIP) in CIMMYT.
The position is based at CIMMYT’s campus in Texcoco, State of Mexico, located 45 km northeast of Mexico City, Mexico.
- Provide a safe and efficient transportation service for the assigned Executive according to the instructions of the supervisor, which indicate the place and time as well as any particularities.
- Ensure the punctuality and the proper arrangements for all appointments scheduled.
- Assist the assigned Executive in checking venue places and set-ups at events, making sure that necessary materials and displays are available and presented in a proper manner.
- Carry out the delivery of messages, legal and other official documents according to their needs.
- Make sure proper vehicle maintenance and repairs are done on time as well as check that all needed vehicle documents, papers and certificates are in good order.
- Provide support in administrative tasks such as:
- Supply information on time, place, people, events, supported by photos and files, assuring appointments can be held effectively internally and externally for KPI tracking.
- In the various events, meetings, field trips and daily activities, take care of the collection of information together with photographs that are to be uploaded to social networks and that need to be shared at the same day with the departments to better handle the material and information collected.
- Prepare and update physical files (folders, documents) to follow the various meetings, conferences and events, together with the material used in these events.
- Provide a constant supply of our magazine (EnLace) at all display stands, especially displays of CIMMYT and other relevant stakeholders.
- Provide support in the onsite preparation of presentations and interviews attended by Dr. Bram Govaerts to ensure effective time management and to avoid surprises on the topics to be addressed.
- Execute activities as assigned by the immediate supervisor.
Required academic qualifications, skills and attitudes:
- Minimum Secondary Studies.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in similar positions or roles.
- Experience in the usage of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.).
- Intermediate level of English. English will be tested and candidate should score a minimum of B2 on CEFR.
- The selected candidate must exhibit the following competencies: Communication, Pro-Activity, Problem-Solving, Time Management, Decision-Making, Customer Orientation and Multi-Cultural Awareness/Sensitivity.
CIMMYT offers an attractive remuneration package and support for continuous professional development. In addition to the provisions of the Mexican Labor Law our package of benefits includes year-end bonus (40 days), vacation premium (56%), life and medical insurance, supermarket coupons, savings fund, social Mexican benefits (IMSS, SAR / Infonavit).
Candidates must apply online to M16271 Executive Driver. Screening and follow up will begin on Thursday, May 18, 2017. For further information on the selection process, please contact Ricardo Pérez (email@example.com).
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Foreign national candidates must have legal documents to work in Mexico.
This position will remain open until filled.
CIMMYT is an equal opportunity employer. It fosters a multicultural work environment that values gender equality, teamwork, and respect for diversity. Women are encouraged to apply.